• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    1. I was happy with my S/Ws, Rugers and Glocks until I started reading the CZ thread.
    2. Now I own a 75 B Omega.
    3. Looking to buy an SP-01.
    4. Driving an hour tomorrow 1-way to shoot a Shadow 2.

5. What a way to start out my 2nd year journey with INGO.

You may also want to check out the SP-01 Tactical, it is all metal where the Phantom is polymer and metal.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Hey CZ fans, you are not going to believe what I'm about to say. :dunno:
    I met with Eric (name used with permission) at my range (Indy Gun Bunker) and he brought a CZ SP-01 for me to shoot, and I, of course, brought my CZ 75 B Omega for him to shoot!

I SHOT HIS SP-01 BETTER THAN MY OMEGA!!! :wallbash: What? Impossible and improbable but the truth is out there in my range pics (which I'll post later).

I was in desbelief! :ugh:
    I bought the wrong gun! :crying:

I'll post my range results on the proper thread, but I just has to tell you!
    Apparently everything you have been trying to tell me about CZ is true! (and I was reminded of that the other day. :ingo: ).

What I don't understand is that his SP-01 seemed a hair wider in the grip than my Omega (SP-01 an 18 shot, my Omega a 16).
    And, the SP-01 seemed heavier by a tad. How is that possible? The Omega is 36.4 ozs.
    Can I be discerning the extra 2 rounds in the magazine combined with the magazine itself being bigger, therefore, ever so slightly heavier?

Eric shot my gun better than I could also, I think: no surprise there.

There's nothing wrong with the gun you bought. The SP01 give a different feel due to the rail providing a little extra weight in the nose. Not necessarily better, just different. Personally, I would recommend a standard 75B to start. I also think that 500 rounds barely gets you through the front door with a CZ. Try 5k rounds and then see where you are.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There's nothing wrong with the gun you bought. The SP01 give a different feel due to the rail providing a little extra weight in the nose. Not necessarily better, just different. Personally, I would recommend a standard 75B to start. I also think that 500 rounds barely gets you through the front door with a CZ. Try 5k rounds and then see where you are.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Truth^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

Further down on that page is the picture with both the Redhead and the Ghost. They are sister 85B rescue guns that turned out to be the best rescues the Wizard and I ever did. I am happy to say that the current owner of the Ghost has decided to keep the sisters together. This makes an old man very happy. I strongly recommend to anyone getting into the CZ trigger game to shoot these pistols if you get the opportunity. IMO, and I think the Wizard's as well, these are the gold standard of what a CZ trigger can be. Warning: shooting either of these guns will cause you to reassess your gun collection and will probably cost you a good sum of money.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    You may also want to check out the SP-01 Tactical, it is all metal where the Phantom is polymer and metal.

1. Believe me, I got on the CZ official site and checked it out and saw it!
    2. Based on my research and talking to others on the phone or in private PMs:
    All metal with hammer and weighs 40 ounces is the way I want to go.
    3. Based on couple of conversations, I will not pursue the phantom ever or the shadow 2 Any time soon because of pricing and I need to trim some more instead of just talking about it and then start buying another platform, like the CZ, Ha!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    500 rounds barely gets you through the door with any pistol.
    This is why I love the classifieds. Buy basicly new guns that someone else took the retail hit on and paid the tax for you. Didnt even get the barrel too hot

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Further down on that page is the picture with both the Redhead and the Ghost. They are sister 85B rescue guns that turned out to be the best rescues the Wizard and I ever did. I am happy to say that the current owner of the Ghost has decided to keep the sisters together. This makes an old man very happy. I strongly recommend to anyone getting into the CZ trigger game to shoot these pistols if you get the opportunity. IMO, and I think the Wizard's as well, these are the gold standard of what a CZ trigger can be. Warning: shooting either of these guns will cause you to reassess your gun collection and will probably cost you a good sum of money.

Oh say it aint so.............:laugh:

The butter smooth actions on a DA/SA CZ after some serious love is something to behold if these things matter at all.......and they do.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Just my :twocents: from a casual observer:
    I've read back over the last 24 hours or so on this thread. There are a couple of things that, I think, need to be cleared up. A 75B is not a 16 round gun and an SP01/Shadow is not an 18 round gun. Those are just the magazines that ship with the gun. They are all 16/18/19/26 round guns. It just depends on the magazines you have available. That Phantom that used to sit on my nightstand was 19+1. As CM can attest, we often ran my old RAMI with 26 round mags at the end of a range trip just for the fun of a large mag dump. Doesn't get much better than that.

You can make an SP01 better than a Shadow you buy in a store of online. Takes a few dinero, some patience and some loving care from the Wizard. We know this because we have done it many times. This also applies to a 75B/85/85B. Don't allow yourself to put up barriers where they don't really exist.

I, personally, would rather have a tuned Phantom than a Shadow. The weight of a Shadow/SP01 is great for the range and competition but has limited facility for carry. The Phantom is probably the most versatile gun that CZ produces. It takes some getting used to but is well worth the effort.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    500 rounds barely gets you through the door with any pistol.
    This is why I love the classifieds. Buy basicly new guns that someone else took the retail hit on and paid the tax for you. Didnt even get the barrel too hot
    QFT. I don't buy new guns. The more rounds that have been down the barrel the more valuable the gun is to me. I'll take an Israeli cast off over a new gun every day of the week.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Oh say it aint so.............:laugh:

The butter smooth actions on a DA/SA CZ after some serious love is something to behold if these things matter at all.......and they do.

I'm sitting here fondling the Redhead before it makes it's journey to it's new home. I'm very sad to see her go but also very thankful that I know she is going to a fantastic new home where she will join her sister and also be appreciated for what she is. :yesway:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    QFT. I don't buy new guns. The more rounds that have been down the barrel the more valuable the gun is to me. I'll take an Israeli cast off over a new gun every day of the week.
    I took your advice and got one of those afew years back and it's an awesome gun. I love that it's all beat up cosmetically. I looked for the worst looking one to buy. Internally its butter.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I took your advice and got one of those afew years back and it's an awesome gun. I love that it's all beat up cosmetically. I looked for the worst looking one to buy. Internally its butter.
    Stop, I'm getting turned on. ;)

Dollar for dollar these are the absolute best buys in the CZ world. You have to know what you're looking for and what you want to avoid but, once you have one, you will know why I say this.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    It's kinda awesome how the community works. Some of us dont even have to make listings in the classifieds. We only have to post in a thread we have something we are considering selling or buying and the text messages start coming in and the PM's too :):

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    It's kinda awesome how the community works. Some of us dont even have to make listings in the classifieds. We only have to post in a thread we have something we are considering selling or buying and the text messages start coming in and the PM's too :):
    Yes, I much prefer to sell to members of our extended family than to someone I don't know. That's why attending the CZ shoots is so valuable, and costly.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Stop, I'm getting turned on. ;)

Dollar for dollar these are the absolute best buys in the CZ world. You have to know what you're looking for and what you want to avoid but, once you have one, you will know why I say this.
    I didnt know crap, still dont. I just listened to you and bought what you said. Thank you if I never told you. I've slept since then ;)
    Same with the new CZ's (new and used) I've been buying here this month, I've listened to you guys here and the wizard via PM as to what were good candidates for cajonozing. Picking up one more CZ today. I'm excited.

Are the izzy trade ins still out there for sale? I'd buy another one

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I didnt know crap, still dont. I just listened to you and bought what you said. Thank you if I never told you. I've slept since then ;)
    Same with the new CZ's (new and used) I've been buying here this month, I've listened to you guys here and the wizard via PM as to what were good candidates for cajonozing. Picking up one more CZ today. I'm excited
    I appreciate you saying that very much. It makes me very happy that your beater turned out to be what you wanted. If you would invest in a little Cajunizing it would really blow your doors off.

Also, What ya getting? What ya getting? :):

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I appreciate you saying that very much. It makes me very happy that your beater turned out to be what you wanted. If you would invest in a little Cajunizing it would really blow your doors off.

Also, What ya getting? What ya getting? :):
    I saw a P01 in the classifieds that had been there a while. Poor thing needed a home and some food.

Cajonizing is coming. Very very soon. I'm waiting on one more then the wizard will be getting a ring.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Our little community has grown quite a bit. I'm very happy to be a little part of it. I know the Wizard feels the same way.

I often think about the 1st shoot a lot of us met at for the 1st time. My indoctrination into the CZ world when I picked up your 97. I could not get that one out of my mind. I now own 2 of them.

The Rami, that was an experience. I do not own one but I will always remember that one.

I seem to hover around 4 at any given time. Yes, the 1911 is my go to platform but there are 2 CZ's that stand watch over my home. 1 I can reach easily as I type this. 2 are Wizard-ized 1 is a CGW specialty and the Shadow is a Cajun custom piece.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom