Not open for further replies.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I often think about the 1st shoot a lot of us met at for the 1st time. My indoctrination into the CZ world when I picked up your 97. I could not get that one out of my mind. I now own 2 of them.

The Rami, that was an experience. I do not own one but I will always remember that one.

I seem to hover around 4 at any given time. Yes, the 1911 is my go to platform but there are 2 CZ's that stand watch over my home. 1 I can reach easily as I type this. 2 are Wizard-ized 1 is a CGW specialty and the Shadow is a Cajun custom piece.
    I've never been to a Cz shoot but I did get to shoot some of BA's CZ's as you know (being there too) and yes, his Rami stands out. Mostly the trigger but also the butter slide.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning all... :coffee:

Just my :twocents: from a casual observer:
    I've read back over the last 24 hours or so on this thread. There are a couple of things that, I think, need to be cleared up. A 75B is not a 16 round gun and an SP01/Shadow is not an 18 round gun. Those are just the magazines that ship with the gun. They are all 16/18/19/26 round guns. It just depends on the magazines you have available. That Phantom that used to sit on my nightstand was 19+1. As CM can attest, we often ran my old RAMI with 26 round mags at the end of a range trip just for the fun of a large mag dump. Doesn't get much better than that.

You can make an SP01 better than a Shadow you buy in a store of online. Takes a few dinero, some patience and some loving care from the Wizard. We know this because we have done it many times. This also applies to a 75B/85/85B. Don't allow yourself to put up barriers where they don't really exist.

I, personally, would rather have a tuned Phantom than a Shadow. The weight of a Shadow/SP01 is great for the range and competition but has limited facility for carry. The Phantom is probably the most versatile gun that CZ produces. It takes some getting used to but is well worth the effort.

The gospel right here. The Shadows and Shadow 2's are purdy, but I'd take a standard CZ worked over by the Wizard and shown some Cajun love every time :yesway:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I saw a P01 in the classifieds that had been there a while. Poor thing needed a home and some food.

Cajonizing is coming. Very very soon. I'm waiting on one more then the wizard will be getting a ring.
    P01 are great guns. I just have no use for a rail on a G19 sized gun. For me the holy grail of CZ surplus guns is a CZ compact with an alloy frame. They didn't make many of them but they do pop up every once in a blue moon. The compact CZs came with three distinct frames. The P01 obviously has the rail. The PCR has a 45 degree cut at the front of the frame. The standard compact has a horizontal dimple at the front of the frame. I somehow found an Israeli surplus compact that had a straight frame with not cut or dimple. It has an alloy frame and a safety. I have never seen another like it. It currently resides at the home of the leader of this little band of CZ nuts. Until I see another I consider it a truly one of one. Also, it has one of the best Cajunized DA/SA triggers you will ever see.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I often think about the 1st shoot a lot of us met at for the 1st time. My indoctrination into the CZ world when I picked up your 97. I could not get that one out of my mind. I now own 2 of them.

The Rami, that was an experience. I do not own one but I will always remember that one.

I seem to hover around 4 at any given time. Yes, the 1911 is my go to platform but there are 2 CZ's that stand watch over my home. 1 I can reach easily as I type this. 2 are Wizard-ized 1 is a CGW specialty and the Shadow is a Cajun custom piece.

The 97s are in a class of their own. Nothing quite like them.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I'm not sure if it's the CZs that bring the people together in this thread or if it's the people that bring the CZs together. Probably the latter. CZs have been a joy to explore over the years for me. The surplus guns sure are some of the best deals out there but they seem to be drying up lately. The first two surplus guns I bought were sub-$300 guns with one of them only setting me back $269. That's a steal for all of the fun that gun has provided over the years.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I'm not sure if it's the CZs that bring the people together in this thread or if it's the people that bring the CZs together. Probably the latter. CZs have been a joy to explore over the years for me. The surplus guns sure are some of the best deals out there but they seem to be drying up lately. The first two surplus guns I bought were sub-$300 guns with one of them only setting me back $269. That's a steal for all of the fun that gun has provided over the years.

I haven't been looking lately as this causes me pain. :):

Hopefully there will be another wave but I guess they have to dry up sometime. I have bought a couple at $400 or slightly over. It hurt to pay that much but I soon forgot the price. :dunno:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    P01 are great guns. I just have no use for a rail on a G19 sized gun. For me the holy grail of CZ surplus guns is a CZ compact with an alloy frame. They didn't make many of them but they do pop up every once in a blue moon. The compact CZs came with three distinct frames. The P01 obviously has the rail. The PCR has a 45 degree cut at the front of the frame. The standard compact has a horizontal dimple at the front of the frame. I somehow found an Israeli surplus compact that had a straight frame with not cut or dimple. It has an alloy frame and a safety. I have never seen another like it. It currently resides at the home of the leader of this little band of CZ nuts. Until I see another I consider it a truly one of one. Also, it has one of the best Cajunized DA/SA triggers you will ever see.
    Awesome info thank you. I also like the ones without the rail best honestly. They just look sexy.
    Now you made me wanna find one of those alloy compacts and buy it. The hunt is on. How can I tell if it's an alloy frame?

That's very awesome about the surplus piece! I'd like to see a picture of that sometime if you have one. You just never know with stuff like that where it's been or the story behind it. It could be the only one in the world. its possible

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Awesome info thank you. I also like the ones without the rail best honestly. They just look sexy.
    Now you made me wanna find one of those alloy compacts and buy it. The hunt is on. How can I tell if it's an alloy frame?

That's very awesome about the surplus piece! I'd like to see a picture of that sometime if you have one. You just never know with stuff like that where it's been or the story behind it. It could be the only one in the world. its possible

You will have to ask our fearless leader for a pic. It lives at his house now. I'm sure there is a pic in the CZ photo thread but who knows where. It is called the Green Machine because it wears Midnight Green cerakote.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

They usually list the frame as steel or alloy on GB. But you can't count on it being accurate. I always specifically ask the seller to verify that the frame is either steel or alloy. I have been burned a couple of times.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom