• Status
    Not open for further replies.

johnb62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Oct 15, 2008
    Evansville Area
    Hey all...Took my CZ75 Shadow Custom (bought here on the forum) to the range for the first time today. Gun shoots way better than me. Anyway, I had a couple of intermittent issues with the slide releasing when seating a mag. Gentle seats were fine but if I seated it hard like you would in competition the slide would release and chamber a round. Mechanically everything looks good to my fairly untrained eyes. Thoughts? TIA.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Hey all...Took my CZ75 Shadow Custom (bought here on the forum) to the range for the first time today. Gun shoots way better than me. Anyway, I had a couple of intermittent issues with the slide releasing when seating a mag. Gentle seats were fine but if I seated it hard like you would in competition the slide would release and chamber a round. Mechanically everything looks good to my fairly untrained eyes. Thoughts? TIA.
    My thoughts are...if I'm seating a mag hard then I'm in favor of it chambering automatically.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    My thoughts are...if I'm seating a mag hard then I'm in favor of it chambering automatically.

My first hand gun was a S&W Sigma, which has been long gone now, but it would chamber automatically when loading a fresh mag.
    If anyone isn't a fan of automatic chambering, what are the drawbacks to this?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My first hand gun was a S&W Sigma, which has been long gone now, but it would chamber automatically when loading a fresh mag.

A couple of my CZ's will chamber a round if I slap seat the magazine. Scared the crap out of me the 1st few times it happened. As always muzzle down and away.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

Previous SW poly guns would chamber with a hard mag insert. The 2.0's will not due to the design change in the mag release err.. slide lock. I prefer the old style so long as it required a forceful insertion.

johnb62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Oct 15, 2008
    Evansville Area
    A couple of my CZ's will chamber a round if I slap seat the magazine. Scared the crap out of me the 1st few times it happened. As always muzzle down and away.

Caught me off guard for sure. I plan to use for IDPA. I need to check the rules on that. My first thought is it will be an issue with the SO.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Previous SW poly guns would chamber with a hard mag insert. The 2.0's will not due to the design change in the mag release err.. slide lock. I prefer the old style so long as it required a forceful insertion.
    I was just getting ready to say, yep when I carried the gen1 M&P I had the same experiences. That's probably good for some that they changed the design as I can see idiots without training firing off a round

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    doddg...if you liked the CZ SP-01, wait until you try my CZ Shadow 2 (unless the SP-01 has been cajunized). The
    sp-01 weighs 40.7 oz with an empty mag so it was a 4 ounce difference you noticed and more importantly the extra weigh is on the nose of the pistol which slows down how quickly you can wave it around (as we all do while aiming). My Shadow 2 weighs 46.5 oz.

On a side note, my fingers just slipped on the keyboard and I ordered a CZ P-01.;)

1. I’m dictating while driving so if some of the words are wrong because I couldn’t proofread.
    2. Should I get the SP0 1?
    I even had someone and just glancing over the phone he was willing to trade his SP-01 for my Omega
    3. P.m. me if you don’t want to give me advice in the open forum.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    That’s pretty cool to have friends that will sell you stuff back.

Thought I better post that before T – dogg gets a dig in against me…

Well you did offer to sell one thing back....of course while I don't have the money or a gun to use it on. But it's the though that counts.

johnb62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Oct 15, 2008
    Evansville Area
    I was worried about slide lock reloads. There can be quite a few of those in a match. Apparently not an issue. I just got this back from CZ Custom:

Hello John

Some guns will do that. some shooters actually seek this and want it to happen with the pistol.
    CZ doesn’t really consider this a malfunction or issue.
    One thing you can try that might help would be a new slide stop. Part # 10001

Best Regards

Stuart

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    1. I’m dictating while driving so if some of the words are wrong because I couldn’t proofread.
    2. Should I get the SP0 1?
    I even had someone and just glancing over the phone he was willing to trade his SP-01 for my Omega
    3. P.m. me if you don’t want to give me advice in the open forum.

As a pure range toy, I would prefer the SP-01 but if I had a 75B I wouldn't necessarily rush out to exchange it. They are both good pistols.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom