The CZickness XIII: Lucky 13, we could all use some.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Okay so perhaps I should rephrase the question. I'm looking for a holster for the P-01 and while I prefer leather it isn't required. IWB or OWB what are my options? I've looked all over the net and while I find holsters I would just like some real world experience.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    OWB - prefer Safariland. Have a couple Blackhawk Serpas. Different release mechanics though.

Leather/IWB - Bianchi, DeSantis holster but my next IWB CCW holster is going to me a Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 for either a Rami or a P365 - undecided but tired of my P938/Shield rotation and want just one CCW.

I like Leather IWB; especially as my body shape as become, uh, less defined...

Below pic is hoping everyone's day went as good as mine (so far...). Mine went about 300 rounds good! Shot the "tightest" groups with the M&P PC with the red dot, then a close tie between the 2.0/P10C with a slight nod to the CZ. Finally got about a hundred rounds through WT's G23. Shoots nice. AWESOME sights, WT!!!!! The little P938 is either a bullseye shooter or God only knows. Trigger is funky to master.

IMG_5203.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Hi guys, thanks for the well wishes. After a day, it's feeling a whole lot better. I still can't lift the shoulder but the pain is way down. I'm going to see how it goes for another day or so before committing more money to the medical industry.

I've tried to like IWB in the past, but it always seems to give me a back ache. It's still handy once in a while when I need a deeper level of concealment, but it's not the norm and maybe use IWB one a year at best.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Not specific to CZ's, but I like the hybrid IWB (leather or horsehide backer, with a kydex shell fit to the firearm). My personal favorite is the Galco King Tuk, but I don't see that they make one for the P01, however Crossbreed does as do others I'm sure. I go for the 5 - 5:30 position myself, but they can be worn at various positions.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Hi guys, thanks for the well wishes. After a day, it's feeling a whole lot better. I still can't lift the shoulder but the pain is way down. I'm going to see how it goes for another day or so before committing more money to the medical industry.

Hopefully you just jammed it up a bit and didn't mess up your rotator cuff. Hope it feels better soon.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Thanks guys for the suggestions. I believe I have settled on Side Guard Holsters and an OWB holster they make called the Slide. Pretty much a standard pancake style. The price is decent so long as I stay away from the exotic skins he offers.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I'm the same way. I carried a Shield IWB for about a year and even though it was more comfortable than a double stack, it still got old. Now I carry OWB in either a leather or kydex pancake style holster, usually around 2:30 - 3:00. I've carried compact sized and full sized guns this way, both more comfortably than the Shield was IWB.

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I believe I have settled on Side Guard Holsters and an OWB holster they make called the Slide. Pretty much a standard pancake style. The price is decent so long as I stay away from the exotic skins he offers.

That looks like a pretty decent holster. I prefer no sweat guard myself, though that's with kydex. Perhaps with leather it would be okay. Let us know how it works out for you.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Mrs CM had a long arduous day yesterday. Over 13 hours in surgery.
    Thanks to all for the kind words thoughts and prayers.
    I am sitting with her in the ICU as I type.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Mrs CM had a long arduous day yesterday. Over 13 hours in surgery.
    Thanks to all for the kind words thoughts and prayers.
    I am sitting with her in the ICU as I type.

Hope she recovers well. I've sat in the ICU more times with my wife over the years than I should have given our ages myself. Never a fun thing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom