Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I saw this last evening in my LGS and thought it was interesting. I'm not a Sig fan and I certainly wouldn't buy a Sig 1911-like item. The grips on this are steel, I think, and the stars are raised. Seems like this might become an issue if you were shooting several mags in a row. I did like the distressed look and the star pattern.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/652744213

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I like the distressed look, but would rather have a nice set of double diamonds on it.

On an unrelated note, I bought an HD copy of 'The Outlaw Josey Wales' a couple of weeks back and am amazed at how good it looks. I've had a DVD of the movie for years and a VHS before then, but this was the first HD version I've seen. It must have been mastered from the original films because it's beautifully done in HD. It's good to see such a great movie make it into the newer technology so well.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I like the distressed look, but would rather have a nice set of double diamonds on it.

On an unrelated note, I bought an HD copy of 'The Outlaw Josey Wales' a couple of weeks back and am amazed at how good it looks. I've had a DVD of the movie for years and a VHS before then, but this was the first HD version I've seen. It must have been mastered from the original films because it's beautifully done in HD. It's good to see such a great movie make it into the newer technology so well.

I can watch this over and over again.

You have to be an Indian to know these things.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I saw this last evening in my LGS and thought it was interesting. I'm not a Sig fan and I certainly wouldn't buy a Sig 1911-like item. The grips on this are steel, I think, and the stars are raised. Seems like this might become an issue if you were shooting several mags in a row. I did like the distressed look and the star pattern.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/652744213

Ugh.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Kinda bummed. Been waiting for the new grips I ordered to come in for my Victory and they got here, but they're the wrong color. They shipped me yellow instead of gray :(

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yep. Worse, Optics Planet, through Amazon, isn't doing anything for me. Looks like after almost a month of waiting, I'll be sending the grips back for a refund... :xmad:

There have been numerous threads about the "Planet" in the forum. I stopped using them a long time ago after 2 let downs in a row.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    There have been numerous threads about the "Planet" in the forum. I stopped using them a long time ago after 2 let downs in a row.

Yeah, I had hoped that through Amazon they would provide better service. I'd had a couple of previous orders that went well, but not this time. They're definitely on my list of vendors to avoid now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom