Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    There have been numerous threads about the "Planet" in the forum. I stopped using them a long time ago after 2 let downs in a row.

Yeah, I had hoped that through Amazon they would provide better service. I'd had a couple of previous orders that went well, but not this time. They're definitely on my list of vendors to avoid now.

Make sure to give negative rep and list the reason why. I ordered an Eotech from them years ago and they sucked until I gave negative rep on the transaction. As soon as I did that, they were quick to go above and beyond to get me to pull the negative rep and ended up discounting the Eotech enough so that I could afford two of them. Maybe they still care enough about their feedback to make it right for you. Even if they don't, you may save someone else the same grief by letting them know what kind of company they are.

#2....................

Color to come soon. Special mix 1 off.

Vortex Venom...

That's looking really cool. Love the dovetail plug that's in there now.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Make sure to give negative rep and list the reason why. I ordered an Eotech from them years ago and they sucked until I gave negative rep on the transaction. As soon as I did that, they were quick to go above and beyond to get me to pull the negative rep and ended up discounting the Eotech enough so that I could afford two of them. Maybe they still care enough about their feedback to make it right for you. Even if they don't, you may save someone else the same grief by letting them know what kind of company they are.

That's looking really cool. Love the dovetail plug that's in there now.

That is our guy AllenM. We discussed doing something. I am so very pleased.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning Tom, Travis! :coffee:

I think the Czickness in general is in remission right now. Summer heat and chores tend to focus the mind elsewhere. I've gone to carrying the P10 un-gun for a while which takes the heat off of the obsession while keeping me from going G***k like I used to each summer.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Morning Tom, Travis! :coffee:

I think the Czickness in general is in remission right now. Summer heat and chores tend to focus the mind elsewhere. I've gone to carrying the P10 un-gun for a while which takes the heat off of the obsession while keeping me from going G***k like I used to each summer.

Yes, the project list and weather have us all outside doing what needs to be done.
    We got one side of the shop painted yesterday. Now all that is left is the west side and it is in sorry shape.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I've been thinking about how to do a finish similar to the Delta Elite on a CZ Compact. The finish is a burnt bronze with brushed flats on the slide and stainless controls. To do this on a compact, I'd have to have the gun sent off to Robar for an NP3 type finish. Question for the Czickoos: If the entire frame would be Cerakoted, do I skip getting that plated and just send the slide and controls, or, is having the frame plated worth the extra hassle and expense of shipping the entire gun?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I've been thinking about how to do a finish similar to the Delta Elite on a CZ Compact. The finish is a burnt bronze with brushed flats on the slide and stainless controls. To do this on a compact, I'd have to have the gun sent off to Robar for an NP3 type finish. Question for the Czickoos: If the entire frame would be Cerakoted, do I skip getting that plated and just send the slide and controls, or, is having the frame plated worth the extra hassle and expense of shipping the entire gun?

This is a question you yourself have to answer.
    Expense is something we often do not add in when planning a unique project. Budget.....what is that actually..:dunno:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'll admit to having trust issues when it comes to turning a gun over to a gunsmith. I'd not think twice about sending something to AllenM, The Wizard or CM, but sending the whole gun down to Robar is a stresser for me. A 1911 would not be as much so, but a CZ is a very different animal inside and takes someone that knows there way around the guts of one of them.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    :coffee:Good morning friends! So I think it is just about time for a new CZ project, just have to decide which one? Thinking a compact, have been trying to stay off here lately because it always leads to spending.:lmfao:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom