Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    CM, I'll bet that you had a great view of the B52 as it flew by. What a neat old airplane. Years ago, when Castle AFB was having runway work done, their B52s used to do touch and go's at Travis and I'd waste my entire lunch just sitting in my truck under a tree watching them.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    CM, I'll bet that you had a great view of the B52 as it flew by. What a neat old airplane. Years ago, when Castle AFB was having runway work done, their B52s used to do touch and go's at Travis and I'd waste my entire lunch just sitting in my truck under a tree watching them.

That bird was no more than 300' off the deck maybe lower when it went "Directly" over my house. They usually use Georgetown as a path but this guy was west of center to the road just enough to be straight up over us.
    He spooled up right there and the black smoke rolled and he was gone.
    Huge aircraft. But graceful enough.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I get a serious urge to throat punch those low lifes.

It's no different than selling a broken gun as a functional one. Low lifes exist everywhere. I hate to hear people relate how they had a gun that was a jam-o-matic so they dumped it on someone else. If there's no full disclosure, then the seller is an asshat.

On a happier note, I've been toying with a couple of projects lately and am contemplating trying to match the CDE look in a CZ Compact. The biggest issue would be to send the slide off to be NP3'd and the lack of front strap checkering. Other than that, I think I could do it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It's no different than selling a broken gun as a functional one. Low lifes exist everywhere. I hate to hear people relate how they had a gun that was a jam-o-matic so they dumped it on someone else. If there's no full disclosure, then the seller is an asshat.

On a happier note, I've been toying with a couple of projects lately and am contemplating trying to match the CDE look in a CZ Compact. The biggest issue would be to send the slide off to be NP3'd and the lack of front strap checkering. Other than that, I think I could do it.

Could Allen do the checkering...???

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've asked him about that and he's not sure he could do it due to the shape of the front strap. That's why I like asking him stuff like that. If he can do it, he'll let you know, but if he is not sure, he won't experiment on your gun.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I've asked him about that and he's not sure he could do it due to the shape of the front strap. That's why I like asking him stuff like that. If he can do it, he'll let you know, but if he is not sure, he won't experiment on your gun.
    Hmmm. I've got a gun that's the perfect experimental piece. Perhaps once I get though this first round of experiments on it, that can be the next step.

YoungMilsurpGuy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    Crown Point
    So here is a question.

What do you guys think about the Canik/tri-star c-100 clone of the cz-75 compact?

I got a friend who is just out of college and working as an account manager in the south Side of Chicago and NWI and wants to get a gun for his car(Im going to have him get an IN Carry permit) and from what I see they look like good guns.

Hell Im also looking to get one to stash in my car and to carry (they are 25oz) as a upgrade from the makarov I currently use as a carry car gun. (and its half the price of a CZ P-01) Also Im interested in shooting the gun in IDPA compact carry pistol and taking my friend there too after he gets his gun and a few range sessions as a test/training etc

So anyone have any experiance with them? Do they take mec-gar CZ compact magazines? Are the guns reliable? Can you get standard CZ compact grips on them? Is the accuracy acceptable? Do they run steel case (Yeah Im cheap to afford to shoot I just buy bulk packs of wolf and Tulammo)

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    I've had a real urge to get an AR pistol the past week or so. I have been good about not buying stuff since we are trying to get rid of the credit card debt. I don't think this urge is going to go away, so if I were to get one I'd have to sell something to at least partially fund it. I'm thinking it would be the P-01 and I really don't think I want to let that go. Tough decisions.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've had a real urge to get an AR pistol the past week or so. I have been good about not buying stuff since we are trying to get rid of the credit card debt. I don't think this urge is going to go away, so if I were to get one I'd have to sell something to at least partially fund it. I'm thinking it would be the P-01 and I really don't think I want to let that go. Tough decisions.

I just finished my AR pistol. I had some issues with it being under gassed but that has been dealt with. They are fun. Great home defense piece.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom