Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've been carrying my old 75B Compact again lately. It's been a while since I've carried that and I forgot how good of a carry gun that is. Nice size, weight and capacity combined with a great trigger makes for a great carry gun. I keep telling myself that I need to get it nickel boron plated. With that, it would approach BA's plated 75B compact in form, if not completely in function.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Been a great weekend. 3 of us killed 24 squirrels. 5 of 'em were mine but three were this morning with the S&W 41.;):yesway:

aLE355N.jpg

Last edited:

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    I've been carrying my old 75B Compact again lately. It's been a while since I've carried that and I forgot how good of a carry gun that is. Nice size, weight and capacity combined with a great trigger makes for a great carry gun. I keep telling myself that I need to get it nickel boron plated. With that, it would approach BA's plated 75B compact in form, if not completely in function.

Who does the nickel boron plating around here?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Update on the DPM Recoil System: I've been in contact with the company and they are totally standing behind their product. Looks like the issue is that not all CZ 75 Compacts are done the same way. Even though my P01, railed compact 75B and the railed compact 75B in .40 all look to have nearly identical slides, the problem child gun slide has a spring house that's about 3mm shorter than the one on any other production gun. The company has offered a full refund or, to build a custom one-off guide rod system to fit that particular pistol and if that does not work, then would refund the entire purchase price, including the shipping. I could not ask for better support from them and I've been exchanging emails with the company rep several times a day, even through the weekend and even though they are in Greece, the replies usually come back withing a couple of hours. As I said, DPM Recoil Systems is really standing behind their product in a big way.

Who does the nickel boron plating around here?

I wish I knew of a local source. I'm always reluctant to package up and send a pistol out of state, no matter who it's going to. That's why I've bought NP3 pistols, but have had none done myself yet.

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    Update on the DPM Recoil System: I've been in contact with the company and they are totally standing behind their product. Looks like the issue is that not all CZ 75 Compacts are done the same way. Even though my P01, railed compact 75B and the railed compact 75B in .40 all look to have nearly identical slides, the problem child gun slide has a spring house that's about 3mm shorter than the one on any other production gun. The company has offered a full refund or, to build a custom one-off guide rod system to fit that particular pistol and if that does not work, then would refund the entire purchase price, including the shipping. I could not ask for better support from them and I've been exchanging emails with the company rep several times a day, even through the weekend and even though they are in Greece, the replies usually come back withing a couple of hours. As I said, DPM Recoil Systems is really standing behind their product in a big way.

I wish I knew of a local source. I'm always reluctant to package up and send a pistol out of state, no matter who it's going to. That's why I've bought NP3 pistols, but have had none done myself yet.

Right now I would be happy to find any nickel boron location.
    Time to play the game with Google.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DJLouis