Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Here's hoping you weren't contagious last w/e. My wife will kill me if we get sick.

Hope yours doesn't last as long as the wizards.

I felt great that day. Just super. Last night I got a bit wet and chilly out in the driveway helping a buddy figure out his hot rod. I came in chilled from the wetness.
    When I clocked out last night I could feel it coming. Damn it.
    I have a furnace project scheduled this weekend and I can not be sick regardless. I am working either way.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I felt great that day. Just super. Last night I got a bit wet and chilly out in the driveway helping a buddy figure out his hot rod. I came in chilled from the wetness.
    When I clocked out last night I could feel it coming. Damn it.
    I have a furnace project scheduled this weekend and I can not be sick regardless. I am working either way.

Working sicko makes for double checking for careless mistakes. I hate doing it.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

The DPM recoil reduction system came in yesterday for the railed 75B Compact in .40 (aka: The problem child). I'll try to get to the range either today or tomorrow, but it will be tested by Saturday at the latest. It's an interesting system that uses three different springs with different rates that nest inside of a couple of nicely machined parts and is supposed to eliminate slide to frame contact, which is what I think was the source of the issues. If you remember, that pistol has a lighter slide (289g vs. 340g) than the P06 and other .40s. As bought, it didn't run well, with rounds jamming nose down in the mag. I did a bunch of polishing and refreshed/lightened most springs and it ran a tad better, but still failed a couple of times each mag. Heavier mag springs helped a lot, but it still was not 100%. The thing that made that problem difficult was that there's not many springs available to it and if you go too heavy, you get spring bind, which can be almost as bad as slide frame contact. There's not much room to work with in there, but a heavy main spring and 22# recoil spring seemed to do the trick.

The DPM system holds the promise of allowing me to run a lighter main spring while maintaining reliability by fixing the recoil spring issue through the use of nested/stacked springs that come into play at different points in the recoil. If it works, the gun will be a fun shooter. If not, it was about $95 wasted. Maybe not wasted, as I can run it in my P01 or 75B Compact.

This is the DPM system:
    0000570_cz-75-compact-d-p01-p06-pcr-9mm-40sw.jpeg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Morning folks! :coffee:

The DPM recoil reduction system came in yesterday for the railed 75B Compact in .40 (aka: The problem child). I'll try to get to the range either today or tomorrow, but it will be tested by Saturday at the latest. It's an interesting system that uses three different springs with different rates that nest inside of a couple of nicely machined parts and is supposed to eliminate slide to frame contact, which is what I think was the source of the issues. If you remember, that pistol has a lighter slide (289g vs. 340g) than the P06 and other .40s. As bought, it didn't run well, with rounds jamming nose down in the mag. I did a bunch of polishing and refreshed/lightened most springs and it ran a tad better, but still failed a couple of times each mag. Heavier mag springs helped a lot, but it still was not 100%. The thing that made that problem difficult was that there's not many springs available to it and if you go too heavy, you get spring bind, which can be almost as bad as slide frame contact. There's not much room to work with in there, but a heavy main spring and 22# recoil spring seemed to do the trick.

The DPM system holds the promise of allowing me to run a lighter main spring while maintaining reliability by fixing the recoil spring issue through the use of nested/stacked springs that come into play at different points in the recoil. If it works, the gun will be a fun shooter. If not, it was about $95 wasted. Maybe not wasted, as I can run it in my P01 or 75B Compact.

This is the DPM system:
    View attachment 60293

Interesting. Keep us apprised.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom