The Czickness XI: Fulcrum Trigger Blues.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    T-Dogg have you ever considered going back to school to get a degree? I finished up my second associate degree at 38yo. This gave me a promotion that wasn't possible before. Maybe your current employer would even pay for you to go back.

I think I might be doing this. I have a degree I don't use, but may go back and do online in an area that interests me more.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think I might be doing this. I have a degree I don't use, but may go back and do online in an area that interests me more.

That would be a great way to get a leg up.
    A few of his choices would require major start up funds. Gun stores are a huge investment.
    Gunsmith is an honorable trade but again, some schooling would be required and setting up would be pretty salty. The machining skills needed are pretty deep. The licensing is not cheap.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning all... :coffee:

T-Dogg have you ever considered going back to school to get a degree? I finished up my second associate degree at 38yo. This gave me a promotion that wasn't possible before. Maybe your current employer would even pay for you to go back.

I had an Associate's degree for forever (since '96). When I got into Information Security, my buddy told me that most in the industry had Bachelor's degrees or even Master's Degrees and that I should think about going further. He even told me about a great online college to try, WGU. I enrolled in 2013 at 46 and graduated last June at 49. I don't think it matters your age, as long as you're willing to study and learn... :yesway:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Morning everyone.

Thank you for all the sound advice. My biggest challenge for getting something going in the firearms industry is in fact going to be the start up money, I have basically zero in savings.

I dream of having a small private club/range, a small gunshop, offer basic gunsmithing services, and teach basic firearms classes. I would put my heart and soul into this for the rest of my life. I just don't know where to start and how to get my feet wet while being able to afford it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom