The Czickness XI: Fulcrum Trigger Blues.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Thanks. I've put 550 rounds down the pipe in between two range sessions. I've done a couple mag dumps just to warm her up. :)

Getting my holster and mag carriers in this week so next time at the range I can really let her rip and do some shooting drills.

Everyone here is giving you some great advice. Instead of putting your left foot forward, do the right foot, you shoot right handed.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    That is sound advice my friend. This is something Rusty and I have discussed before. It's just another reason to reduce my debt, I further increase my ability to find "better" work down the road. I would love to be doing something that I am truly passionate about and enjoy, but that day is not here yet. Another test of patience for me.

What is it that you have a passion for doing? Work towards that goal...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hm, never thought of that. I'll have to remember to give that a go next time.

What ever works to make you a stable firing platform.

I get grief from the young shooters about my stance. I have done this since I was 12 and it works for me.
    Left foot forward in a fighting stance.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    What is it that you have a passion for doing? Work towards that goal...
    My passion is firearms, I've never had something that I'm so passionate about before. I've thought about the different areas of the industry where I might best enjoy myself. There is where the debate begins as I'm not sure which avenue to go down.

There are so many possibilities:
    - owning a gunshop
    - gunsmithing
    - running a range
    - competition shooting
    - instructor

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    My passion is firearms, I've never had something that I'm so passionate about before. I've thought about the different areas of the industry where I might best enjoy myself. There is where the debate begins as I'm not sure which avenue to go down.

- owning a gunshop
    - gunsmithing
    - running a range
    - competition shooting
    - instructor

Lord son, you sound like me..... We will talk soon...

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I took the SP-01 out today. How'd I do?
    https://youtu.be/DQl3HArtYrs

I got the camera so I can watch myself and get critiqued since I always shoot alone. First clip is the first magazine of the day, shot at about 10~ yards. Second clip was at, IDK, 25 yards or so.

I shoot it 100 times better than my Glock 19 but still room for improvement!

Heck, I don't know what the other guys are talking about. I'd love to post up targets like that. Flyers are a PITA. I know because 90% of my shots seem to be flyers. :):

Okay, now I need to go shooting.

IKR!

- owning a gunshop
    - gunsmithing
    - running a range
    - competition shooting
    - instructor

I've toyed with the idea of getting into the firearms industry too. Every industry has a thousand hidden jobs in it that are not obvious. I'd love to be one of the guys that works the trade shows. Or, how about a sales rep. Imagine spending your day going from gun shop to gun shop to show them the latest CZ available. Could be fun if it comes with an ammo allowance.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I would love to be a firearm sales rep. I love researching products and learning all the little details about them and then explaining those to people. I loved the NRA show a few years back in Indy. That was an awesome environment.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    I missed the NRA show when it was in Indy because I lived in FL at the time. I've never been to an NRA annual meeting but I looked and Indy has it again in 2019. I'll be attending for sure.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    I worked the NRA Convention last time in Indy. I was a inspector...all firearms on display had to be non-operating...I must have coon fingered 1500 firearms....

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Doing great. Potty training is going well so far, just sucks how windy it is outside.

You've hit the nail on the head. I know how to do my job, it pays really well and the benefits are great. However the problems that I must deal with daily that interfere with my chances of having a productive day are increasing more and more. Like most corporations, we are being micro managed to death. The bean counters only care about the numbers and don't care about the workers. But I can't just leave, I mean I have a family to support, and the job market isn't plentiful for someone without a college degree. I'm really trying to be positive more daily, but life shouldn't be this way, there are far too many problems that I can't control and nobody else is either.
    Hang in there Travis and remember all you can really control is what you do and how you react to situations. I manage a furniture store that is micro managed to death, the guy owns 13 stores and has since the 60s he is in his seventies and will never change and doesnt even really want any input whatsoever.:lmfao:But I have to remember he pays me to do what he wants me to do, end of story.psyko

TWEAKD4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    NE Indiana
    T-Dogg have you ever considered going back to school to get a degree? I finished up my second associate degree at 38yo. This gave me a promotion that wasn't possible before. Maybe your current employer would even pay for you to go back.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Trencher
    Top Bottom