The Czickness XI: Fulcrum Trigger Blues.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    It's a hard decision...leave the place that drains you or stay at the place that pays the bills, you are familiar and have some security. Tough decision.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    You look like blah too. ;)

How's the new pup doing?
    Doing great. Potty training is going well so far, just sucks how windy it is outside.
    It's a hard decision...leave the place that drains you or stay at the place that pays the bills, you are familiar and have some security. Tough decision.
    You've hit the nail on the head. I know how to do my job, it pays really well and the benefits are great. However the problems that I must deal with daily that interfere with my chances of having a productive day are increasing more and more. Like most corporations, we are being micro managed to death. The bean counters only care about the numbers and don't care about the workers. But I can't just leave, I mean I have a family to support, and the job market isn't plentiful for someone without a college degree. I'm really trying to be positive more daily, but life shouldn't be this way, there are far too many problems that I can't control and nobody else is either.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I took the SP-01 out today. How'd I do?
    https://youtu.be/DQl3HArtYrs

I got the camera so I can watch myself and get critiqued since I always shoot alone. First clip is the first magazine of the day, shot at about 10~ yards. Second clip was at, IDK, 25 yards or so.

I shoot it 100 times better than my Glock 19 but still room for improvement!
    Nice shootin! If you want critiqued, grab that baby firmer! Run her! :):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Doing great. Potty training is going well so far, just sucks how windy it is outside.

You've hit the nail on the head. I know how to do my job, it pays really well and the benefits are great. However the problems that I must deal with daily that interfere with my chances of having a productive day are increasing more and more. Like most corporations, we are being micro managed to death. The bean counters only care about the numbers and don't care about the workers. But I can't just leave, I mean I have a family to support, and the job market isn't plentiful for someone without a college degree. I'm really trying to be positive more daily, but life shouldn't be this way, there are far too many problems that I can't control and nobody else is either.

As much as I understand what you are going through it will be no different anywhere else that pays well and has benefits. The suits will get every dimes worth out of you.
    Every good paying job I had was the same way. Squeeze out every ounce you have to benefit the bottom line.
    Mind you I walked on a few of them but I had viable skill sets to sell. Also a nice customer list that followed me where ever I went. That was my positive.
    Suck it up and start your search but tell no one.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Thanks. I've put 550 rounds down the pipe in between two range sessions. I've done a couple mag dumps just to warm her up. :)

Getting my holster and mag carriers in this week so next time at the range I can really let her rip and do some shooting drills.

Your left and low left shots are trigger related. Like rusty said, get a solid grip and relax the trigger finger.
    Good groups but the low ones are easily explained and adjusted.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    As much as I understand what you are going through it will be no different anywhere else that pays well and has benefits. The suits will get every dimes worth out of you.
    Every good paying job I had was the same way. Squeeze out every ounce you have to benefit the bottom line.
    Mind you I walked on a few of them but I had viable skill sets to sell. Also a nice customer list that followed me where ever I went. That was my positive.
    Suck it up and start your search but tell no one.
    You are not the first to tell me this, therefore I believe it to be true. I just need to find a place where I have actual interest and faith in what I do, rather than just be there for the money/benefits.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I took the SP-01 out today. How'd I do?
    https://youtu.be/DQl3HArtYrs

I got the camera so I can watch myself and get critiqued since I always shoot alone. First clip is the first magazine of the day, shot at about 10~ yards. Second clip was at, IDK, 25 yards or so.

I shoot it 100 times better than my Glock 19 but still room for improvement!
    I think you're base skills are good. Like the others said, tighten the grip up, basically just below the point of where your hands are shaking from squeezing too hard. Square up your stance a little to where your balance is good, have the mindset that someone is going to try and push you one direction or the other and you would be able to not fall over.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You are not the first to tell me this, therefore I believe it to be true. I just need to find a place where I have actual interest and faith in what I do, rather than just be there for the money/benefits.

Lots of luck my friend. In this day you are there to work for the man.
    I know so many who hate what they do but they do it because they know they have to. No green grass no unicorn jobs. It is all pretty much "Work"
    My trade was wonderful until the freaking Gov got involved and then it became a struggle to get in the truck every day. I jumped through a lot of company's and there was no magic to be found. Some were OK at 1st but it all became the same search for profit no matter where I went.
    I dropped steady employment to become a contractor for a service company thinking that being on my own again was the answer. Owned my own truck just worked their service calls but it was still the same.

Do not mean to sound so cynical but unless you have your own gig doing something you love it is all work.
    Even doing what you love becomes a job after a while.
    If you have a good steady income roll with it until you find a viable escape.

JMHO........

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Lots of luck my friend. In this day you are there to work for the man.
    I know so many who hate what they do but they do it because they know they have to. No green grass no unicorn jobs. It is all pretty much "Work"
    My trade was wonderful until the freaking Gov got involved and then it became a struggle to get in the truck every day. I jumped through a lot of company's and there was no magic to be found. Some were OK at 1st but it all became the same search for profit no matter where I went.
    I dropped steady employment to become a contractor for a service company thinking that being on my own again was the answer. Owned my own truck just worked their service calls but it was still the same.

Do not mean to sound so cynical but unless you have your own gig doing something you love it is all work.
    Even doing what you love becomes a job after a while.
    If you have a good steady income roll with it until you find a viable escape.

JMHO........
    That is sound advice my friend. This is something Rusty and I have discussed before. It's just another reason to reduce my debt, I further increase my ability to find "better" work down the road. I would love to be doing something that I am truly passionate about and enjoy, but that day is not here yet. Another test of patience for me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Trencher
    Top Bottom