The Czickness XI: Fulcrum Trigger Blues.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    I think I am going to have to take the sharp edges off of the beaver tails of my CZs. They aren't bad, but it gives me something to do to make the guns "mine."

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I have heard St. George Island is very nice. I lived in coastal FL for a little over 5 years, so I got used to the climate. The beach is just about my favorite place. Where I lived you could almost always see the bottom as far out as you could stand. I don't mind cloudy water though. I know there is a lot of stuff swimming around when I'm out there, at least if the water is cloudy I can't see the stuff swimming right by me! I have spent a lot of time swimming in the ocean and Ive been run into by some pretty big fish of different varieties, but I love the water too much to stop. Your odds of getting hurt are pretty small. I'm sure it is more likely to get shot at a range than bitten by a shark.
    I'm not so much concerned about what is swimming in the water, more so what is on the bottom... I've stepped on crabs before in cloudy water. That had me running like a little girl. I just really don't care for Florida at all, but wouldn't miss this opportunity with family.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I think I am going to have to take the sharp edges off of the beaver tails of my CZs. They aren't bad, but it gives me something to do to make the guns "mine."

I did that with a transitional I picked up last spring. It had the standard, squared beavertail and I was able to shape it this way:

This was how it was shaped when I got the pistol:

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    I did that with a transitional I picked up last spring. It had the standard, squared beavertail and I was able to shape it this way:

This was how it was shaped when I got the pistol:

Looks good! The squared off beavertail bothers me and I plan to refinish the gun anyway, so I might as well round it off.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    How'd you like the Champion?
    Honestly, I enjoyed shooting my old SA Loaded (the one RH currently has) much more than the Champion. The difference is really obvious between the two. I like the added weight and better ergonomics of the Loaded, it's just setup more to what I like in a 1911. It just feels right, to me. The Champion shoots fine, it's just not for me.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Honestly, I enjoyed shooting my old SA Loaded (the one RH currently has) much more than the Champion. The difference is really obvious between the two. I like the added weight and better ergonomics of the Loaded, it's just setup more to what I like in a 1911. It just feels right, to me. The Champion shoots fine, it's just not for me.

Yeah the Champion felt pretty snappy to me. I love the looks. I love the trigger. I didn't enjoy shooting it though.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Yeah the Champion felt pretty snappy to me. I love the looks. I love the trigger. I didn't enjoy shooting it though.

Pretty much the way I feel about my DW CCO. Fantastic gun and great for carrying, if you want to go that direction, but it's just not as fun as shooting a full size 1911. Since I have other guns I prefer to carry, I don't shoot it as much as I'd like.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I like shooting the Champion. I actually thought it shot more like a full size than a short/light 1911. That said, I don't think I'm gonna be able to hold onto it. I've started another project that could use the funds more right now.. Hint Hint. ;)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Sissy's

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom