The Czickness XI: Fulcrum Trigger Blues.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Morning Barry, WTB, and P-I.

I'm on my second cup :coffee: , bags are packed, ready to go.

Best part of this 4 day affair, I wake up every morning and don't have to go to work. :rockwoot:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning Barry, WTB, and P-I.

I'm on my second cup :coffee: , bags are packed, ready to go.

Best part of this 4 day affair, I wake up every morning and don't have to go to work. :rockwoot:

Very nice. I've only been working this new job for 5 weeks and I already feel like I need a vacation, so I understand... :):

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning everybody! :coffee:

Have fun at the range guys! I am skipping my normal Friday range trip so I can get a bit more work done early today. I did get out to the range after work earlier this week and ran the P07 .40 with the Kadet kit. It ran very well but was no where near as much fun as it was when it ran full auto. On the plus side, it took much longer to empty a mag.

On an unrelated note, I've been reading a book this week called 'Unheeded Warnings'. It's about two tragic incidents at Fairchild AFB in 1994 within the span of a week. The first was an active shooter that shot a bunch of people in the base hospital, killing 5. The second was a B52 crash 4 days later. Neither of those should have happened as there were plenty of warnings that went unheeded (hence, the name of the book). The book was written by the airman that killed the active shooter with a 70 yard head shot while the shooter was shooting at him with an AK. It's one of the best books I've read lately and is one of the few that was hard to put down.

The thing that caught my attention the most was the somewhat normal appearance a deeply disturbed person can give to casual acquaintances. That, and the fact that when they blow, everybody near them is a target even if that person had nothing to do with their grievences. It really reminds you why we need to carry. You never know when crazy will spill into the street while you're walking by.

It's definitely a good read if anyone is looking for a book that goes into great detail on how an active shooter situation came about.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This explains a lot CM. If you have trouble with the concept of a vacation, it explains why you work harder in retirement than a lot of people do while working for a living.

But.....but......I have this expensive habit.....:cool:

I spent about an hour and a half last night loading Mags for an upcoming event.
    I have another hour to spend tonight.

Mags/ammo.............ammo/mags.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I still need to do some reloading as well as restocking some commercial stuff. There's never enough time to do everything you want to do as well as the stuff you need to do.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I wish I could be shooting today... Regarding vacations, I have one planned in August. Big family trip to St. George Island in Florida. Couple aunts and uncles have decided to rent a beach house for a week and it's been a long time since I've been on a vacation like that. Now I don't care for Florida or water I can't seen the bottom or Florida in August, but the house has a pool. Should be fun. I would like to take a nice long road trip in my car as well this summer. Have a couple ideas on that, nothing planned yet.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I don't know why some folks don't understand the concept of not fiddling with guns while the range is cold and a person is down range posting targets.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I don't know why some folks don't understand the concept of not fiddling with guns while the range is cold and a person is down range posting targets.

Some people just don't understand safety. They think that all of the rules are for others because they aren't going to do something stupid. All thought while they are doing something stupid. I've seen people walk right out onto the range to post targets during live fire and I've seen others decide to try to clear a jam when the range is cold and others are downrange. Some people just don't think past the end of their own nose.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    I wish I could be shooting today... Regarding vacations, I have one planned in August. Big family trip to St. George Island in Florida. Couple aunts and uncles have decided to rent a beach house for a week and it's been a long time since I've been on a vacation like that. Now I don't care for Florida or water I can't seen the bottom or Florida in August, but the house has a pool. Should be fun. I would like to take a nice long road trip in my car as well this summer. Have a couple ideas on that, nothing planned yet.

I have heard St. George Island is very nice. I lived in coastal FL for a little over 5 years, so I got used to the climate. The beach is just about my favorite place. Where I lived you could almost always see the bottom as far out as you could stand. I don't mind cloudy water though. I know there is a lot of stuff swimming around when I'm out there, at least if the water is cloudy I can't see the stuff swimming right by me! I have spent a lot of time swimming in the ocean and Ive been run into by some pretty big fish of different varieties, but I love the water too much to stop. Your odds of getting hurt are pretty small. I'm sure it is more likely to get shot at a range than bitten by a shark.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom