Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Cool, how well did the adjustable sear fit in?
    The set screw has a very slightly larger gap between it and the lobe on the safety, it's not as tight a gap as it was on the Rami, but still close enough that the safety functions properly. I don't how I would decrease that gap since the screw is loctited in and would require threading it out further. I was originally going to just swap the trigger, trigger bar, sear cage (complete), and the hammer/strut assy all completely over to the 75. I couldn't do that though. The sear cage had the same number (3) but the 75 cage is cut different for the ambi safety, so had to swap guts. The hammer strut on the Rami is shorter than a 75, so had to swap hammer struts. I had everything laid out nice on the bench and took my time. I did my best to duplicate the polishing on any stock 75 parts that had to be reused, using your Rami's polished parts as a reference point, and I didn't get aggressive with it.

pack-indy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Shoshone NF
    Morning all. Cleanup day ahead for me. I saw a wounded coyote hanging around this morning eyeballing my chickens. I'm going to have a stern conversation with him.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    How hard is it to swap out the decocker for the manual safety on a p07?

It's not difficult at all. The only part that takes a bit of work is when going from the safety to decocker, you need to get that spring into a small hole while guiding the decocker in. Going back to a safety should be a piece of cake. Like Rusty says, YouTube is handy. That's what I used the first time I took a P07/P09 apart.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    You know, the one thing that keeps me from just ordering a bunch of parts from CGW and rolling my own config is WTB's SAO compact. I shot Tom's compact last week and just did not want to put it back down. I don't think I'll go SAO, but his gun makes a great case for going full Pro with TFX Pro sights. Although, with a larger safety installed, SAO might be doable too.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    YouTube is your friend. I've never done it, but have heard it's no big deal.

It's not difficult at all. The only part that takes a bit of work is when going from the safety to decocker, you need to get that spring into a small hole while guiding the decocker in. Going back to a safety should be a piece of cake. Like Rusty says, YouTube is handy. That's what I used the first time I took a P07/P09 apart.
    Done. Thank you gentlemen.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom