Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Glad to hear you made it home safe, 88. So how'd the car do? Did you ever find that 12v outlet?

Thanks Rusty. Glad to hear that you're happy with the 1911. Single handed is the only way to shoot a WWII gun. It just seems wrong to try to get all tactical with those. The car ran well through the whole trip. For a while on 69, I was sustaining 41.1 mpg at a steady 65 mph. But that dropped once out of the construction area (60 mph speed limit) and overall for the day, I got about 35mpg. The back roads across to Lebanon were great but I do like the hills south of Indy to make the ride a bit more fun. There is supposed to be a 12v outlet in the passenger foot well way forward, but I still have not seen it. They did a good job of hiding that thing.

Thanks again for the extra ammo BA. I really owe you for that and will try to find some way to either compensate you for it or at the very least, will pay it forward.

Oh, and I am so glad to hear that Henri picked up that high polish 75B. I was seriously thinking of taking my G30sf down to see if they'd make a deal on it. I'm happy that one more complication to my life was avoided. That is a beautiful pistol and as much as I like my matte stainless 75B, I fully expect to have a high polish one someday.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    This has been a long day. It started with 5 hours in a Fiat running around the roads north of Indy meeting up with two stellar folks, was followed by grocery shopping with the wife (yay, bourbon's been restocked), next was washing 4 cars, then dinner with the family and finally a run up into the city for a bit of walking around on a warm January evening. I'm beat.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Oh, and I am so glad to hear that Henri picked up that high polish 75B. I was seriously thinking of taking my G30sf down to see if they'd make a deal on it. I'm happy that one more complication to my life was avoided. That is a beautiful pistol and as much as I like my matte stainless 75B, I fully expect to have a high polish one someday.

Henri says the next time we get together you can shoot it to your hearts content....

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Glad to hear the car did well. I like it. I think it looks a whole lot better than the Mazda offering too. And yes the flat roads up here in Canada do suck, but I find a way to make them fun...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom