Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I feel your pain. I had a nice sign on bonus and a fairly large fed return and both had to go straight to debt... :(

Morning fellas.

Congrats, DOGG. Hoping you can get that debt taken care of, I know you've wanted to do this for a long time. Very smart move on your part.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.
    Thank you for the support guys. I have a 6 month plan to be free of credit card and medical debt. It's very doable, but requires a sacrifice I'm not used to making.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Thank you for the support guys. I have a 6 month plan to be free of credit card and medical debt. It's very doable, but requires a sacrifice I'm not used to making.

:yesway:

I am working that way myself. Not a lot of debt but I smashed the one card I have to finish the back yard project.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    It's been said many times. These things are just that, things. They are all replaceable. What you are trying to do ain't easy. It's like a drug addict selling off his stash. It will be rough, there will be temptation, but keep that end goal it mind. Imagine how it will feel not having that debt hanging over you. You'll do just fine.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It's been said many times. These things are just that, things. They are all replaceable. What you are trying to do ain't easy. It's like a drug addict selling off his stash. It will be rough, there will be temptation, but keep that end goal it mind. Imagine how it will feel not having that debt hanging over you. You'll do just fine.

I have been considering taking a few pieces to the 1500 when I man the Ingo table. Lovemywoods did this last year and moved several from his collection.
    Thing is, I would have to near give away these pieces as compared to investment. I never do this for profit. I am not geared for such endeavors.
    the 1911's and the AR's are built well past the current market. I have zero intentions of moving any CZ's.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I have decided that I no longer want/need/enjoy a scoped rifle. I had my Ruger American .22lr set up with a nice Vortex and a Harris bipod, but just do not enjoy shooting it like that. I've gotten stupid good accuracy out of it, but it's just not fun for me. I thought about selling the whole package together, but I do still enjoy a nice .22 bolt gun for my backyard quiet plinking. Pulled the bipod off last night and will be pulling the scope off, upgrade the irons and make it something I will enjoy.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have decided that I no longer want/need/enjoy a scoped rifle. I had my Ruger American .22lr set up with a nice Vortex and a Harris bipod, but just do not enjoy shooting it like that. I've gotten stupid good accuracy out of it, but it's just not fun for me. I thought about selling the whole package together, but I do still enjoy a nice .22 bolt gun for my backyard quiet plinking. Pulled the bipod off last night and will be pulling the scope off, upgrade the irons and make it something I will enjoy.

I used to love running irons. As time and eyesight pass by my needs have changed. I do like my Vortex Strikefires on the AR's.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I have been considering taking a few pieces to the 1500 when I man the Ingo table. Lovemywoods did this last year and moved several from his collection.
    Thing is, I would have to near give away these pieces as compared to investment. I never do this for profit. I am not geared for such endeavors.
    the 1911's and the AR's are built well past the current market. I have zero intentions of moving any CZ's.

Hmmm... that's a thought. I hate the idea of letting it go, but the CCO might sell better in person... :dunno:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hmmm... that's a thought. I hate the idea of letting it go, but the CCO might sell better in person... :dunno:

Tom, I think you have to high expectations on that piece. The market will not support your asking price right now. I am in the same boat so I feel your pain.
    Sad truth of the matter for sure.

The only time I get even close to what I really need for one of mine is when a friend wants one and is willing to step up. Beyond that I loose my tail most times.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Tom, I think you have to high expectations on that piece. The market will not support your asking price right now. I am in the same boat so I feel your pain.
    Sad truth of the matter for sure.

The only time I get even close to what I really need for one of mine is when a friend wants one and is willing to step up. Beyond that I loose my tail most times.

Yeah, I hate to admit it but you're probably right. Sucks because the gun normally sells for ~$1300 new and I'd gone down to $1100 with no bites. Heck, I had to drop $25 off the G**** and I thought it was underpriced to begin with... :n00b:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah, I hate to admit it but you're probably right. Sucks because the gun normally sells for ~$1300 new and I'd gone down to $1100 with no bites. Heck, I had to drop $25 off the G**** and I thought it was underpriced to begin with... :n00b:

The CCO is a $900 dollar piece right now. Sad truth.
    Trump knocked the bottom out of the gun market. It is a good and a bad thing at the same time. Good for buyers.....bad for those who will loose out when moving what they have.

Thing is, this is how the market was when I got into it again when I joined ingo. If you could get 75% of original purchase price it was a stellar deal all around.
    Cars/bikes/boats and yes.....guns. Once bought they are used.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    The CCO is a $900 dollar piece right now. Sad truth.
    Trump knocked the bottom out of the gun market. It is a good and a bad thing at the same time. Good for buyers.....bad for those who will loose out when moving what they have.

Thing is, this is how the market was when I got into it again when I joined ingo. If you could get 75% of original purchase price it was a stellar deal all around.
    Cars/bikes/boats and yes.....guns. Once bought they are used.

Well, at that price I'll keep the gun, that's for sure.... :):

On the plus side, maybe I can score a good deal with the prices so soft. Gotta look at the positive side... ;)

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Cajun Gun Works is about to release a new and improved disconnector that is supposed to drop a full pound of the DA. I have a couple of guns whose DA pull is just a few ounces over 5lbs. I have to say I can't even imagine a DA pull of 4+ lbs. That would be insane. Let's see...$40 a pop times xxx = Aw crap.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Cajun Gun Works is about to release a new and improved disconnector that is supposed to drop a full pound of the DA. I have a couple of guns whose DA pull is just a few ounces over 5lbs. I have to say I can't even imagine a DA pull of 4+ lbs. That would be insane. Let's see...$40 a pop times xxx = Aw crap.
    And you thought you were done......

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well, at that price I'll keep the gun, that's for sure.... :):

On the plus side, maybe I can score a good deal with the prices so soft. Gotta look at the positive side... ;)

That is my point....bad for the seller....good for the buyer. This will be the norm for a long time. One will have to think this way until another gun grabber gets elected and then it will be nuts again.

Market's level out on their own. I have seen this with most all the hobby/passions I have been involved with.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom