Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    As much as it kills me, I'm gonna have to sell Rami and Shiny, and possibly other stuff. Life has been giving me plenty of signs lately to change my ways. I have to listen to them. I can't keep up anymore and can no longer live this lifestyle. I have to take a break, just have to. I can no longer ignore more important things. I have to stop being selfish and allowing my "fun stuff" to get in the way. This is the first step to me getting my life on the track I truly want it to be on. I will have to pick back up on firearm stuff later this year once I get my finances together.

Rami will most likely be returned to the way I bought it from CM, fully done up by the Wizard. Shiny will be returned to mostly stock with some Cajun goods.

Life is a :poop: sammich my friend. All we get to pick is the condiments but we still have to eat it.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Sorry to hear that T-D. I have a hard time parting with guns that I sell to buy new guns, but I absolutely hate selling a gun to pay for other stuff. Don't worry too much about it though, as times change, kids get bigger as do paychecks and sooner or later you'll look back at the ones you sold and really miss and then you will start a new hunt to rebuy the ones that got away.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I was just down at the LGS that I like to frequent and he said that earlier today the CZ rep was in and had a P10C and Shadow II for show and tell. Too bad I missed it. While there, I was fondling an SP01 Tactical that kind of caught my eye. The price was not bad and it already comes with night sights. It also comes with the need to buy new grips, CGW upgrades and holsters, so it's hard to say yes. On the other hand, I've never owned an SP01 and if the SP01C is a sweet shooter, I can only imagine how nice this could be.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was just down at the LGS that I like to frequent and he said that earlier today the CZ rep was in and had a P10C and Shadow II for show and tell. Too bad I missed it. While there, I was fondling an SP01 Tactical that kind of caught my eye. The price was not bad and it already comes with night sights. It also comes with the need to buy new grips, CGW upgrades and holsters, so it's hard to say yes. On the other hand, I've never owned an SP01 and if the SP01C is a sweet shooter, I can only imagine how nice this could be.

The price of the basic platform soon doubles or more when you follow the yellow brick road you describe.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I am struggling. I keep looking at things and want to get rid of some stuff, but am having a hard time with it. One of which being my K98. Super sweet gun and fun to own, but I'm afraid I've had my fun with it and it's time to experiment with something else. It's the only one in the collection that I don't really enjoy shooting. Yes, I'm a little girl.... I did submit it as a trade offer for an M1 Garand that was posted in the classies on Sunday. Didn't get accepted, but I've thought for about a year now that the only way I'd be able to get rid of it was to replace it with some American iron and wood of the same period.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The price of the basic platform soon doubles or more when you follow the yellow brick road you describe.

I think that's what kept my wallet in my pocket. The realization that as great as they are stock, I would not be happy until I had thrown another $400 or more at it. There are guns I've purchased and never had any regrets and there are those that I have to ask myself 'what was I thinking?'.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think that's what kept my wallet in my pocket. The realization that as great as they are stock, I would not be happy until I had thrown another $400 or more at it. There are guns I've purchased and never had any regrets and there are those that I have to ask myself 'what was I thinking?'.

One of the neat things about being an old guy in love with an outdated platform that leaves me terribly under-gunned is all the parts interchange or they should.
    Building up a lot of spares, swapping grips, internals etc. leads to some cool projects and sometimes a big dent in the credit card when deciding to build a gun around a cool set of grips.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    While sorting out my bins and boxes into drawers over the new work benches last night, I realized how many spare CZ triggers, hammers, firing pins, sears, hammer springs, trigger springs and other stuff I've accumulated. I don't think any of them have much value but each one represents an upgraded pistol which means that they represent money spent. Lots of it too. I'm getting a small stash of 1911 spares, but nothing worth using. They were all the replacement parts from mediocre guns.

pack-indy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Shoshone NF
    There are a a couple of shows on Netflix that you guys have reminded me of...."Minimalism" and "The Kindness Diaries". I just opened up my safe and starting throwing items that have just gone without appreciation in the classys. Quality over quantity and happiness not coming in the form of material goods are the premise of each of the shows. I was in a pretty dry meeting with some hospital CFOs talking financials last week when the person sitting next to me seemed genuinely happy to just be there...and for no apparent reason. After the meeting was over and people were chatting before leaving we were talking a bit and I was asking her about her hobbies and general nonsense, when out of the blue she told me, "I like to leave people better than I found them". That was last week and I'm still thinking about what she had said. That simple concept has such a deep connection with me for some reason.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    There are a a couple of shows on Netflix that you guys have reminded me of...."Minimalism" and "The Kindness Diaries". I just opened up my safe and starting throwing items that have just gone without appreciation in the classys. Quality over quantity and happiness not coming in the form of material goods are the premise of each of the shows. I was in a pretty dry meeting with some hospital CFOs talking financials last week when the person sitting next to me seemed genuinely happy to just be there...and for no apparent reason. After the meeting was over and people were chatting before leaving we were talking a bit and I was asking her about her hobbies and general nonsense, when out of the blue she told me, "I like to leave people better than I found them". That was last week and I'm still thinking about what she had said. That simple concept has such a deep connection with me for some reason.
    I noticed you throwing a bunch of stuff up there. I listed my Mauser. Hope everyone has good luck selling whatever they have for sale!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I saw thease offerings and am now hating that I dumped large money in my Impala. I love the SoCom

pack-indy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Shoshone NF
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom