88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Thanks BA. I would really love to shoot your Phantom sometime. It's interesting that it's the service pistol for the Czech Army. I did see in an article that the P09 was submitted for the US Army's handgun switch, but did not make it out of the first round of testing. I wonder why it got bumped?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Thanks BA. I would really love to shoot your Phantom sometime. It's interesting that it's the service pistol for the Czech Army. I did see in an article that the P09 was submitted for the US Army's handgun switch, but did not make it out of the first round of testing. I wonder why it got bumped?

Follow the money.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Good point.

BA pointed out an interesting tidbit over on another thread. 5 years ago, if someone said they were looking for a new pistol, a CZ would have gotten very little mention. The recommendations would have been for any number of other mainstream guns, but a CZ would be almost completely over looked. Now, it seems like every other post is saying 'CZ'. So, I am thinking that this thread, and BA in particular, has probably helped to sell dozens of CZs to people to the point where they are becoming mainstream now. Kudos BA!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    What was it that originally got you into CZs BA? Actually, make that an open question for all Czickoos. How did you guys find your way into this vat of kool-aid?

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    ChrisK, If I had some dimensions I could make you a driver that would work for ya. Hi Chris, that would be great and I will get back to you after checking dimensions after work today! Thanks man:rockwoot:PM sent

Last edited:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    What was it that originally got you into CZs BA? Actually, make that an open question for all Czickoos. How did you guys find your way into this vat of kool-aid?

I had tried a lot of different guns. Never really settled on anything. I tried some older CZs. I decided I wanted to try a CZ Compact. I was looking for a black one but the only one I could find was the satin nickel. So, I "settled" for that one. The turning point was when I sent it down to Louisiana to get Cajunized.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I had tried a lot of different guns. Never really settled on anything. I tried some older CZs. I decided I wanted to try a CZ Compact. I was looking for a black one but the only one I could find was the satin nickel. So, I "settled" for that one. The turning point was when I sent it down to Louisiana to get Cajunized.

I found three old 75's on gun broker. Czech police turn-ins IIRC. Cheap. Stripped them down, sand blasted and Duracoated them. Resprung and CGW adjustable sear-ed them. I've added 2 Rami's since then. .40 and a 9mm. Need 4 more sets of tritium sights, an 85 Combat, and a 97 and I'll be set.

And maybe a Skorpion.

And a 75 compact. . . .

I need BA's disposable income. Got $4,000 worth of my rimfire inventory on consignment at the local shop to pay for my latest rimfire acquisition.
    Sucks when you're drinking 2 kinds of Koolaid.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I found three old 75's on gun broker. Czech police turn-ins IIRC. Cheap. Stripped them down, sand blasted and Duracoated them. Resprung and CGW adjustable sear-ed them. I've added 2 Rami's since then. .40 and a 9mm. Need 4 more sets of tritium sights, an 85 Combat, and a 97 and I'll be set.

And maybe a Skorpion.

And a 75 compact. . . .

I need BA's disposable income. Got $4,000 worth of my rimfire inventory on consignment at the local shop to pay for my latest rimfire acquisition.
    Sucks when you're drinking 2 kinds of Koolaid.

A friend of mine wants to sell his older CZ 75 Compact. It predates CZ-USA and was imported by Action Arms in Philly. As I said, it is an older model, '93 I think, and the mag well is slightly narrower than the new ones. It still feeds fine just sometimes the mags don't drop free. Let me know if you're interested. ;)

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage

BA got me into CZ's. I had wanted one for a long time but never seriously pursued it. Then BA showed up.....the rest is history. :)

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    A friend of mine wants to sell his older CZ 75 Compact. It predates CZ-USA and was imported by Action Arms in Philly. As I said, it is an older model, '93 I think, and the mag well is slightly narrower than the new ones. It still feeds fine just sometimes the mags don't drop free. Let me know if you're interested. ;)

Does this mean you're volunteering your disposable income for my benefit, you evil man?

Just not in a position to jump right now, BA..
    Thanks for thinkin' about me. . . . I think.:):

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Not to change the subject to something more technical:) but can you guys tell me what mags I should buy for my CZ75B once it comes in?

I'm looking at the Mec-Gar 16 rounders but just like the pistols, there seems to be several options. Also, is it better to pony up the money for CZ instead of Mec-Gar's?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom