Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have now installed 4-75 series and 1-SP-01 series bushings, in my CZ's:rockwoot:After removing the front sight pin and sight I drop a 11mm 3/8 short socket into the slide where it meets right to the OD and face of the stock bushing and then a 6" 3/8 drive extension and slide an old NRA plastic membership card between the extension and the leading edge to prevent damage of the slide that strips a fresh round into the chamber. 3 or 4 good raps with a ball peen and it starts moving out then easy taps till it pops out. The SP-01 stock bushing was a PITA!! I did not think it was made to come out as it would not budge until I had to use a punch on the outer diameter edge that protrudes from the slide and also using a much smaller punch to cave in the grove that the front sight pin slides into the bushing groove. Next I had to grind down a washer to butt up against the stock bushing as it is a larger diameter that the 73 series bushing because a larger socket would not drop into the slide. This washer kept the 11mm socket from sliding into the stock bushing ID. Before using the washer it required a punch against the inside edge of the stock bushing and many angry hammer blows all around the bushing to get it to start moving. After it had moved out about .040 I was able to use the washer and socket to coax it the rest of the way out. No damage was done to the slide but the bushing is beat to hell!! With the bushings I have done so far I have seen the need to grind and polish the bottom of the inside edge to give relief for the barrel to drop into the slide without hanging up. The front ID of the CGW bushings are .0045 smaller that the stock bushings and this part I do not touch. I have had 2 go in with little fitting and 3 with varying amounts of fitting.

This is one of the things that sets the Wizard apart from those of us that dabble in CZ tuning. There's no way I'd take a hammer to my CZ slide without ruining it. I know I'd screw it up.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    I have now installed 4-75 series and 1-SP-01 series bushings, in my CZ's:rockwoot:After removing the front sight pin and sight I drop a 11mm 3/8 short socket into the slide where it meets right to the OD and face of the stock bushing and then a 6" 3/8 drive extension and slide an old NRA plastic membership card between the extension and the leading edge to prevent damage of the slide that strips a fresh round into the chamber. 3 or 4 good raps with a ball peen and it starts moving out then easy taps till it pops out. The SP-01 stock bushing was a PITA!! I did not think it was made to come out as it would not budge until I had to use a punch on the outer diameter edge that protrudes from the slide and also using a much smaller punch to cave in the grove that the front sight pin slides into the bushing groove. Next I had to grind down a washer to butt up against the stock bushing as it is a larger diameter that the 73 series bushing because a larger socket would not drop into the slide. This washer kept the 11mm socket from sliding into the stock bushing ID. Before using the washer it required a punch against the inside edge of the stock bushing and many angry hammer blows all around the bushing to get it to start moving. After it had moved out about .040 I was able to use the washer and socket to coax it the rest of the way out. No damage was done to the slide but the bushing is beat to hell!! With the bushings I have done so far I have seen the need to grind and polish the bottom of the inside edge to give relief for the barrel to drop into the slide without hanging up. The front ID of the CGW bushings are .0045 smaller that the stock bushings and this part I do not touch. I have had 2 go in with little fitting and 3 with varying amounts of fitting.

If I had some dimensions I could make you a driver that would work for ya.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Oh, BTW, I did not realize that there's a new Phantom being offered. It sports interchangeable back straps like the P09 does. At this point, what's the difference between a P09 and an SP01 Phantom?

CZ-USA CZ 75 SP-01 Phantom - CZ-USA

To me they are night and day. This is very subjective but, to me, polymer guns lose most of the ergonomics that make CZ so great. The Phantom retains the ergonomics of the steel SP01s just without the weight. :dunno:

The bonus for me is that they also have the traditional CZ fire control setup instead of Omega. With that you get a higher degree of difficulty when working on them, a much longer break in period but you also get a crispness that is lost with the Omega. Just my :twocents:.
    I like the P09/P07 platform but there is no doubt you are holding a polymer gun. With the Phantom you can almost forget that.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The Redhead is still not done. I looked at her last evening. I told them I would be back on Thursday to pick her up. I'm getting pretty anxious.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom