• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I'm kinda in a firearm flummox right now. Many thoughts going through my head. I'm not sure that I'm totally happy with a scope on my American rimfire, I just prefer irons. My goal was a sorta mini sniper rifle to use as practice on the cheap. It's a great shooter, but the scope has taken all the enjoyment out of it for me. It is my critter rifle should the need arise, but it's not getting shot for that duty any further than about 50 yards.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    The tribute.
    It is not fully tuned yet. Still some details to complete but it could be ran if need be.

There is a major amount of fitment represented here.

All the controls have been fit. No roll marks. Hard to see but the slide has a belief cut along the bottom There is a ball cut along the flat right at the curve.

Slide is machined for the rear sight. Flat topped and ball milled.

Hand fit barrel Bushing. It is still a touch to tight in the slide right now.

One sweet 1911!psyko

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The Tribute gun looks spectacular and, apparently, shoots that way as well.
    Congrats to ChrisK.
    There aren't two better to work on such a project than AllenM and the Mouse.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I got a call yesterday afternoon to come and look at the Redhead. They aren't saying it's done but they want me to come and look at it and say how much more I want them to do. It it's anywhere close to my original vision I'm just going to take it. I'm tired of waiting. It's already been a month.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I got a text from the Wizard also yesterday. The Phantom and the blue 85 are done. They both now have a 10x bushing and TFX Pro sights. Friday I ordered five more bushings for guns that already have sight upgrades. I hope to receive that order either today or tomorrow. More bushings for the Wizard's freezer. ;)

Once these are installed the Ghost, Redhead, #6, the Green Machine and TnT will be complete.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

You are really making progress BA. What are you going to do with all of those non-TFX night sights? With all of the new CZ folks discovering the pistols, I imagine there should be a decent market for fresh but used sights.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm finally nearing the end of the reloading room redo. I still have not mounted the presses yet and the shelving needs done, not to mention the gang strips for the electrical. But, it's getting very close to being finished. I've also made a fair amount of progress on fixing the son's car. The spare fender from the yard barn is in great shape and cleaned up nicely with a bit of work.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Morning All...Still basking in the afterglow of shooting the Tribute...One of the most accurate guns I have ever shot. I need to thank Bradis for selling me the RO at a great price. CM and AllenM are the best...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My account was hacked this morning. Some nefarious characters out of a sand box country that I can not spell or pronounce.

To say I am Pi$$ed off is by no means covering this.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom