Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    No range time for me today and I'm not sure I'll do my normal Friday practice before work tomorrow either. Since tearing my shop apart for new work benches a couple of weeks ago, I have been unable to reload anything, so the ready shooting stock is running down on 9mm and .45. I need to put that hour into working on the benches to get the operation back up and running again.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    So I popped the 8.5 lb hammer spring into Shiny and rechecked numbers with the gauge.

DA - 5 lbs 5.5 oz
    SA - 3 lbs 1.8 oz

I can see the numbers drop that low with the 8.5 mainspring. You will probably experience some ftf unless you run Federal primers and use the extended firing pin and reduced power FP spring which is necessary when running 13.0 lbs. mainspring and under. Let us know how she runs! ;)

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Ya that is frustrating. I hate having projects unfinished...bugs the hell out of me and I'm knee deep in them. I need to order some springs for my 97… Slide wasn't wanting to go into battery every few rounds. At least the first two. Seems like the first three rounds had issues and it ran fine after that.

IKR. I am doing a full home reno and so far not much of anything is "finished". Some by design, some not. I am good a flow charting and at times it is more effective and efficient to do things in batches vs completing, say, one room from start to finish.

I do have an AR with the lower built and I am itching to build the upper.

Plus I have a holster to order, a new reloading bench to build, and on and on it goes. Can't really build the bench until I finish that part of the basement. Can't finish the basement until I dig up the outside down to the footer to waterproof. Can't do the digging until I get a couple more things done inside and I need for good weather also.

It never ends....lol.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom