• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Headache most of the day... Left work a little early, no parts and not in the mood to stand around and act busy. Fondling the Remigton Rand, dreaming of the day I can add a sibling for it to the safe. Really wanting to get out and run a 1911 right now.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    So I popped the 8.5 lb hammer spring into Shiny and rechecked numbers with the gauge.

DA - 5 lbs 5.5 oz
    SA - 3 lbs 1.8 oz

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I really need to find a shiney 75B. I wish they made those in .40, says the glutton for punishment. Seriously, when I realized that I have 5 .40s in the collection, I realized that I must be collecting .40s. I was able to get the 40P running like a top and I have no doubt that the new Compact will end up the same way, so maybe I should focus on the unloved little pistols. Maybe they need me :dunno:

Disregarding all of that, I just saw this one and it does not look like a bad deal. It's a 93 Massada compact. http://www.gunbroker.com/item/621315918

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    I really need to find a shiney 75B. I wish they made those in .40, says the glutton for punishment. Seriously, when I realized that I have 5 .40s in the collection, I realized that I must be collecting .40s. I was able to get the 40P running like a top and I have no doubt that the new Compact will end up the same way, so maybe I should focus on the unloved little pistols. Maybe they need me :dunno:

Disregarding all of that, I just saw this one and it does not look like a bad deal. It's a 93 Massada compact. http://www.gunbroker.com/item/621315918

I have always thought the Massada pistols were interesting. They are a little different, if only in roll marks.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    So I popped the 8.5 lb hammer spring into Shiny and rechecked numbers with the gauge.

DA - 5 lbs 5.5 oz
    SA - 3 lbs 1.8 oz

Cool! Need to get that SA down a little bit. I told you I'd break it in for you. Let me have her for a night. I'll dry fire the crap outta it.
    I disagree. I have a few that are in that vicinity and they are great. Putting them on a gauge gives you an idea of where you are but numbers aren't the definition of a great trigger.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I disagree. I have a few that are in that vicinity and they are great. Putting them on a gauge gives you an idea of where you are but numbers aren't the definition of a great trigger.
    10-4. Interesting to note that his DA dropped a little over 2lbs when he swapped hammer springs. SA dropped about 9oz. She needs to be shot in some in my opinion.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom