• Status
    Not open for further replies.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    To me when you start talking about an heirloom piece, a CZ doesn't come to mind. They are great guns and all, probably my favorite, they just don't fit the heirloom book for me. To me, a 1911 just screams heirloom. Engrave that sucker too, it'd probably be the last gun I'd ever sell so it wouldn't matter.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Alright my CZ family, as you know my mother passed away Friday morning. She had me put away an envelope and in it was some gold and I was to cash it in to purchase a firearm upon her passing. Well I cashed it in and now I have $1700.00 to spend on a gun. Well my friends, what should I purchase? I would love to hear some ideas from all of you so post it up....
    We haven't traded messages yet, but I'm so sorry for your loss, sir, and prayers to your family as well. My wife and I both lost our fathers 3 weeks apart 11 years ago this month. Those were some hard, emotional days indeed. As many others have said, lots of us are unfortunately in this club now, where the torch is being passed to the next generation.

But wow, the gift you were left is outstanding! What a really, really thoughtful thing for your Mother to do, to provide a way to get something for yourself that you'll surely remember her by. You've gotten lots of really great suggestions... the only one I would make is not to rush your decision. Let some of the dust settle, and really think on something you've wanted for a long time, but for whatever reason it wasn't the right time. And, of course ideally, something you'll never part with, and hopefully be able to pass down someday yourself. Engraving is kind of a neat idea, maybe with your Mom's birthday, or initials, but leave enough room to put your BD or initials on it someday as well.

Oh, and yeah, make it an all-steel gun, I think that's the best advice you've gotten. We all know plastic guns have no soul!

Again, best to you, and your family, during this difficult season of loss.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah I have to agree. A really sweet 1911 (steel is real after all) is in order here.
    Get one ready to rock "OR" get one you like and turn it into a sweet sweet piece personalized just for you.
    In this I would do your fit up for free.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Yeah I have to agree. A really sweet 1911 (steel is real after all) is in order here.
    Get one ready to rock "OR" get one you like and turn it into a sweet sweet piece personalized just for you.
    In this I would do your fit up for free.

Tim, you just brought tears to our eyes (Henri & I). You are a true honorable man. I think that's the route I will go. Now we must find the proper 1911 for this project.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    We haven't traded messages yet, but I'm so sorry for your loss, sir, and prayers to your family as well. My wife and I both lost our fathers 3 weeks apart 11 years ago this month. Those were some hard, emotional days indeed. As many others have said, lots of us are unfortunately in this club now, where the torch is being passed to the next generation.

But wow, the gift you were left is outstanding! What a really, really thoughtful thing for your Mother to do, to provide a way to get something for yourself that you'll surely remember her by. You've gotten lots of really great suggestions... the only one I would make is not to rush your decision. Let some of the dust settle, and really think on something you've wanted for a long time, but for whatever reason it wasn't the right time. And, of course ideally, something you'll never part with, and hopefully be able to pass down someday yourself. Engraving is kind of a neat idea, maybe with your Mom's birthday, or initials, but leave enough room to put your BD or initials on it someday as well.

Oh, and yeah, make it an all-steel gun, I think that's the best advice you've gotten. We all know plastic guns have no soul!

Again, best to you, and your family, during this difficult season of loss.

Thank you for the kind words sir. I will incorporate some of your ideas.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Hey 88, is the frame on the SP01C any thinner than the P01? Not just in width, but overall chunkyness?

I think it's identical in size. It looks like they just cast steel instead of aluminum when they did this batch. I really cannot wait to shoot it and need to get off my backside and go do that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom