Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I can't even begin to describe how upset I am right now with the company I'm supposed to be going to. Finally got the offer today. Low ball as all get out. $15k under what I asked for and what was supposedly discussed before I even interviewed... :rolleyes:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I can't even begin to describe how upset I am right now with the company I'm supposed to be going to. Finally got the offer today. Low ball as all get out. $15k under what I asked for and what was supposedly discussed before I even interviewed... :rolleyes:

Welcome to the real world my friend.
    Sorry man. I know you were excited.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah, I know. Not the first time, but MAN! :xmad:

Recruiter went back to HR, who are trying to find out if they can get authorization for more pay. Guess we'll see what happens...

Things are picking up. It is no longer an employers mkt.
    You may want to rethink this if they pulled this crap.
    I would not work for them but that is just me.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Alright my CZ family, as you know my mother passed away Friday morning. She had me put away an envelope and in it was some gold and I was to cash it in to purchase a firearm upon her passing. Well I cashed it in and now I have $1700.00 to spend on a gun. Well my friends, what should I purchase? I would love to hear some ideas from all of you so post it up....

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Alright my CZ family, as you know my mother passed away Friday morning. She had me put away an envelope and in it was some gold and I was to cash it in to purchase a firearm upon her passing. Well I cashed it in and now I have $1700.00 to spend on a gun. Well my friends, what should I purchase? I would love to hear some ideas from all of you so post it up....

1st.....what do you want. What is your Unicorn gun.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Things are picking up. It is no longer an employers mkt.
    You may want to rethink this if they pulled this crap.
    I would not work for them but that is just me.

It has definitely make me think twice. I'm already stepping outside of my comfort zone, giving up covered parking, a shorter drive, more days working from home and familiar surroundings. If they come back anything under my expectations again, I'll probably stay where I am. The other thing to consider is that it's HR giving me grief, not the hiring manager.

I'm really sorry to hear that Tom, but I still have faith that it will work out for you in the end.

Thanks Tim, I hope so. We'll see what they come back with tomorrow. The whole thing has left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth, but I understand the games HR tries to play.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It has definitely make me think twice. I'm already stepping outside of my comfort zone, giving up covered parking, a shorter drive, more days working from home and familiar surroundings. If they come back anything under my expectations again, I'll probably stay where I am. The other thing to consider is that it's HR giving me grief, not the hiring manager.

Thanks Tim, I hope so. We'll see what they come back with tomorrow. The whole thing has left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth, but I understand the games HR tries to play.

If they are gaming now hang on to your jewels man. Money is not the only thing to consider. More money and I know there is more stress.
    Just saying. This is your deal.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Chris, to me any heirloom gun needs to be all steel. With that thought, maybe you should start searching out the new Shadow II which should hit the shelves this spring. Or, a nice DW full size Valor would be a great way to commemorate your mom. Lots of room for engraving on that big flat slide.

BTW, here's a photo of the new SP01 Compact I picked up yesterday:

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Oooooo! I love spending other people's money! I think you said you have a Shadow 2 on order already. So that's out. That's about DW Valor territory, those are always sexy. Or the DW Bruin, I think that one is just north of $2k though. There is always the option of going all out on a custom CZ. I'm not sure on any rifles. Unless you wanted to buy another Shadow 2 and gift it to your favorite internet nephew. ;)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    If they are gaming now hang on to your jewels man. Money is not the only thing to consider. More money and I know there is more stress.
    Just saying. This is your deal.

Believe me, it's definitely being taken into consideration. Problem is, HR sucks for ALL companies nowadays. The benefits at IU Health are better and I'll be getting experience in some things that will benefit me in the long run. It's also a senior level position, where my current position is a step or two down the ladder. Definitely not looking at only the money angle ;)

Chris, to me any heirloom gun needs to be all steel. With that thought, maybe you should start searching out the new Shadow II which should hit the shelves this spring. Or, a nice DW full size Valor would be a great way to commemorate your mom. Lots of room for engraving on that big flat slide.

BTW, here's a photo of the new SP01 Compact I picked up yesterday:

She's a beauty Tim! :yesway:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom