Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Can't wait to see the K2 Rusty. I'm in a bit of a gun funk tonight. I started out remodeling my work shop in the basement and ended up watching a movie with the wife. I did a range trip this afternoon and it was kind of cool, even if I did not fire a single shot myself. I met my sons down at Atterbury and they finally ran the ARs they built back in January. I brought one of mine along, but never got it out of the case. I ended up having more fun just spotting for them as they sighted their ARs in. Sometimes it's more fun to do the dad thing than to actually shoot myself I guess.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Normally, when I'm in a gun funk, I take a gun apart and clean, polish, tune or adjust something. Right now, my work space is non-existent as it's all disassembled and in a pile in the bar. I might have to readjust my plans for down there due to how the electrical was run but I'll figure something out. Why would someone put all of the outlets right at 33 to 37 inches high. Makes a mess of 36 inch counters. Sorry, rambling at the moment. I should not think while typing, or more accurately, type while thinking.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Normally, when I'm in a gun funk, I take a gun apart and clean, polish, tune or adjust something. Right now, my work space is non-existent as it's all disassembled and in a pile in the bar. I might have to readjust my plans for down there due to how the electrical was run but I'll figure something out. Why would someone put all of the outlets right at 33 to 37 inches high. Makes a mess of 36 inch counters. Sorry, rambling at the moment. I should not think while typing, or more accurately, type while thinking.

For any type of workshop, I like outlets at least 48" high. Outlets much lower just tend to get in the way for me.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

The outlets in the family room are all 48" off the floor. Looks a bit odd but, it used to be the stand alone garage/shop before we added on and incorperated it into living space. The walls were lined with benches so the outlets were accessible at 48"
    I could have lowered them when we remodeled but wow.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Made a cup of coffee, gonna be a long night, got a bunch of Palmetto AR stuff to list in the classies later.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Wouldn't want to leave you guys hanging. I will have to redo it, the All Metal may work, but didn't this time. I will try again and let it "gas out" longer. It seems to have a little bit of solvent pop going on. Completely in uncharted territory here. I like the color, so it will stay. I was inspired by the late Bubblebee, may she rest well in someone's safe, we shall call this one HEMI. She's big, orange, kinda ugly and holds a lot of .45 ACP.

View attachment 52979

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom