Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    For any type of workshop, I like outlets at least 48" high. Outlets much lower just tend to get in the way for me.

The outlets in the family room are all 48" off the floor. Looks a bit odd but, it used to be the stand alone garage/shop before we added on and incorperated it into living space. The walls were lined with benches so the outlets were accessible at 48"
    I could have lowered them when we remodeled but wow.

I really ought to do it right and raise the ones that are in the way. I should sleep on it and make a good decision in the morning.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Wouldn't want to leave you guys hanging. I will have to redo it, the All Metal may work, but didn't this time. I will try again and let it "gas out" longer. It seems to have a little bit of solvent pop going on. Completely in uncharted territory here. I like the color, so it will stay. I was inspired by the late Bubblebee, may she rest well in someone's safe, we shall call this one HEMI. She's big, orange, kinda ugly and holds a lot of .45 ACP.

View attachment 52979

That's pretty cool Rusty. I don't know if I could carry something like that, but it sure looks like it would make a nice HD or range gun. It's just a bit orange for my carry tastes. Maybe with wood grips. Nah, who am I kidding. That's exactly what needs to be OC'd once in a while. Most folks would mistake it for a staple gun anyway.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Wouldn't want to leave you guys hanging. I will have to redo it, the All Metal may work, but didn't this time. I will try again and let it "gas out" longer. It seems to have a little bit of solvent pop going on. Completely in uncharted territory here. I like the color, so it will stay. I was inspired by the late Bubblebee, may she rest well in someone's safe, we shall call this one HEMI. She's big, orange, kinda ugly and holds a lot of .45 ACP.

View attachment 52979
    The perfect HD gun. You can find it in the dark. :yesway:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning all... :coffee:

View attachment 52979

My wife would love that, her favorite color is orange ;)

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Today is AR day. DOGG has inspired me with all his AR shenanigans. Today I will decide how to proceed in the game. Goal is to replace the PSA stuff with much higher quality. I doubt I'll be able to afford to do both the "fire extinguisher" and the 20" at this time, but at least will get a start. Focus on the 20" as that's my favorite and the first rifle I'd grab should I need one. I am looking minimum at BCM.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven

View attachment 52979
    Hemi, I like that.

TWEAKD4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    NE Indiana
    So how do you rate PSA stuff compared to other brands? I have one AR which is a premium kit. How much better are the BCM, Larue, Noveske, etc? For the basic occasional shooter can you really tell the difference?

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Hi Travis. I see you got your AR stuff all apart and listed. I just so happened to see that BCM has a 20" upper that I can replicate my current one with. Once my tools get here this week, they are getting tore down and listed.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    So how do you rate PSA stuff compared to other brands? I have one AR which is a premium kit. How much better are the BCM, Larue, Noveske, etc? For the basic occasional shooter can you really tell the difference?
    I'm not an expert, but.... Once the PSA stuff is sorted it runs just fine, is plenty accurate. No big deal for the the average shooter. My beef with the stuff is the way I was treated as a customer, or lack of treatment rather...

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    My knowledge base is mostly entry level to mid-tier AR stuff. I don't think for a basic occasional shooter you would ever notice much of a difference. The folks who run their gear hard are the ones to really ask because they are more likely to see quality/reliability issues than me. I'm just at a point in my life where entry level anything isn't doing it for me anymore. That doesn't mean I'm running out and dropping $3000 on a rifle though either.

In regards to PSA stuff, I've only had one issue ever with their product, which was a firing pin broke on me during a rifle course. Their customer service, well that's a different story.

TWEAKD4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    NE Indiana
    My knowledge base is mostly entry level to mid-tier AR stuff. I don't think for a basic occasional shooter you would ever notice much of a difference. The folks who run their gear hard are the ones to really ask because they are more likely to see quality/reliability issues than me. I'm just at a point in my life where entry level anything isn't doing it for me anymore. That doesn't mean I'm running out and dropping $3000 on a rifle though either.

In regards to PSA stuff, I've only had one issue ever with their product, which was a firing pin broke on me during a rifle course. Their customer service, well that's a different story.

My PSA runs well but never pushed it. I am still learning the billion options of ARs and firearms in general. By brain shuts down when I window shop at BCM with so much variety to select from. That is what I do most of the time on INGO is learn.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Today is AR day. DOGG has inspired me with all his AR shenanigans. Today I will decide how to proceed in the game. Goal is to replace the PSA stuff with much higher quality. I doubt I'll be able to afford to do both the "fire extinguisher" and the 20" at this time, but at least will get a start. Focus on the 20" as that's my favorite and the first rifle I'd grab should I need one. I am looking minimum at BCM.

Leave the fire extinguisher alone. It will be fine as built. Maybe put some color on it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom