• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I believe in the KISS theory on some tools (keep it simple stupid). I torture tools at work and found that some of the simple ones work the best and last the longest.
    I have not had a chance to really look into all the options. I want something sturdy that's going to last and not bend or break under pressure. I have been known to break a thing or two....

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Those two on GB are sure tempting BA. I might have to fire up the rationalization engine later to see what it comes up with, but lately all the rationalization I need to buy a CZ is 'Oh, it's a CZ'. My biggest issue with looking seriously at those is that I still have unCajunized CZs, so if I'm wanting a project gun, I could just open the safe and have at it. The supply of the early CZs does seem to be drying up though.

I can't wait to see what you do with the K2 Rusty. That gun is just crying out for a better finish and you are right about the heavy roll marks. They need to disappear. With all of this Cerakote work going on, I'm starting to think that it might be fun to get one of the P07s Cerakoted. Maybe do it in bronze with a black slide and Talon rubber grip tapes on the side panels only. It would look almost like a real gun then. But, that might kill the appeal of the P07 to me. Right now, I love the gun for carry because I can carry it in an environment that risks scuffs and dings without worrying about the finish.

I do find myself drawn towards the CZ long arms lately. That 452 Finale sure would be a nice one to add to the collection and it would not cost much over a completely Cajunized P01. I just have not been into .22 for a number of years though and wouldn't want to add a rifle that would sit next to my other .22s in the safe holding a layer of dust up off the floor.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Went over to the supply store and got some of that USC All Metal. Gonna give it a go on the K2. Debating when I go to bake it if I should cook it at 250 for 2 hours or do the quick cure at 300 for 45 mins. I'm tempted to do the quick, that way I know it'll hold up to the temp.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Went over to the supply store and got some of that USC All Metal. Gonna give it a go on the K2. Debating when I go to bake it if I should cook it at 250 for 2 hours or do the quick cure at 300 for 45 mins. I'm tempted to do the quick, that way I know it'll hold up to the temp.

I would slow id down. Do the slow cure. That extra 50* might kill it.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I got pulled away from the K2 job earlier when I had a cousin come into town to hangout for awhile. The filler is working well so far, my perfectionist tendencies are coming out though.... I left it with another coat on it, will go back prolly tomorrow morning to finish it up and spray it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom