• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I think I'm gonna be that third guy... I could buy something new which sounds really cool and would make me happy for awhile, but I'm intrigued mostly by the price. It isn't exactly what I want. So new gun, parts for existing one or ammo. With the new gun comes a "new" caliber as I only shoot 357 in my Ruger. I could completely cajunize my SP01c, I wouldn't want to show up to a CZ shoot with a stock CZ. Ammo, I need to keep feeding them all otherwise there is no point to any of it... I also am looking into sight pushers which aren't cheap, but will allow me to continue the work I want to do.

Also need to decide what to do about ARs.... Once I shed all the parts, I will only have a couple lowers left pretty much. I really like my setups currently. I don't know which way to go.

This adult stuff sucks. I don't wanna anymore.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    I think I'm gonna be that third guy... I could buy something new which sounds really cool and would make me happy for awhile, but I'm intrigued mostly by the price. It isn't exactly what I want. So new gun, parts for existing one or ammo. With the new gun comes a "new" caliber as I only shoot 357 in my Ruger. I could completely cajunize my SP01c, I wouldn't want to show up to a CZ shoot with a stock CZ. Ammo, I need to keep feeding them all otherwise there is no point to any of it... I also am looking into sight pushers which aren't cheap, but will allow me to continue the work I want to do.

Also need to decide what to do about ARs.... Once I shed all the parts, I will only have a couple lowers left pretty much. I really like my setups currently. I don't know which way to go.

This adult stuff sucks. I don't wanna anymore.

suprising amount of restraint and maturity from you...you know those two attributes aren't welcome in this group or really in any part of INGO!

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    I know... Sorry to disappoint. That doesn't have to stop you from getting one! You need a wheel gun to round out your collection.

I do need a wheel gun, but I don't know about the caliber on those.

You see, I'm really good about spending other people's money but generally I show the same restraint I got on you about. It's pretty rare that I buy a gun. When I say a certain gun might be my next gun it probably will, it just might take a year for me to buy my next gun. Sad, I know.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I do need a wheel gun, but I don't know about the caliber on those.

You see, I'm really good about spending other people's money but generally I show the same restraint I got on you about. It's pretty rare that I buy a gun. When I say a certain gun might be my next gun it probably will, it just might take a year for me to buy my next gun. Sad, I know.
    I am so sorry that we have not had they great of an effect on you. Don't think the :koolaid: can get any stronger than it has been recently...

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I hope you all don't start looking at me funny.

Don't worry Rusty, we didn't just start to look at you funny.

I had a long demo call this afternoon and spent it polishing the internals of the SP01C/40. That gun cleaned up really well and almost looks new now. I've been trying something a bit different in polishing in that after it's polished, I cold blue it and then bring it up to an even higher level of shine with 000 steel wool. My thought is that the cold blue will not harm anything, but it will help retain a boundary layer of oil on the parts. I just reassembled the gun and it really feels good with the exception of still having the stock hammer installed. Everything else polished up quite well and the DA trigger is pretty smooth. The only CGW parts in the gun are a RP trigger spring, trigger pin kit and the SRS kit which comes with the lighted spring package, extended firing pin and improved roll pin for the FP retention. I've got a box full of spare hammers and am going to see about removing the camming action and reducing the sear hook height.

I also was thinking that if I mount the slide from the SP01C/40 to the frame of the 40P, I'll have a P06. I might give that a try the next time I'm at the range.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Don't worry Rusty, we didn't just start to look at you funny.

I had a long demo call this afternoon and spent it polishing the internals of the SP01C/40. That gun cleaned up really well and almost looks new now. I've been trying something a bit different in polishing in that after it's polished, I cold blue it and then bring it up to an even higher level of shine with 000 steel wool. My thought is that the cold blue will not harm anything, but it will help retain a boundary layer of oil on the parts. I just reassembled the gun and it really feels good with the exception of still having the stock hammer installed. Everything else polished up quite well and the DA trigger is pretty smooth. The only CGW parts in the gun are a RP trigger spring, trigger pin kit and the SRS kit which comes with the lighted spring package, extended firing pin and improved roll pin for the FP retention. I've got a box full of spare hammers and am going to see about removing the camming action and reducing the sear hook height.

I also was thinking that if I mount the slide from the SP01C/40 to the frame of the 40P, I'll have a P06. I might give that a try the next time I'm at the range.
    Sounds like you could use a PCR.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I really like those.
    To date it is/was my favorite shotgun of the ones I have tried. I swear that thing would eject those shells 25 yards wth authority! Sadly, I sold it for whatever reason..... I will replace it someday. I like my 1897, but mines a pretty rough example and I don't care to shoot it much. She hurts.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    To date it is/was my favorite shotgun of the ones I have tried. I swear that thing would eject those shells 25 yards wth authority! Sadly, I sold it for whatever reason..... I will replace it someday. I like my 1897, but mines a pretty rough example and I don't care to shoot it much. She hurts.

My 37 has the smoothest action of any pump shotgun I have ever handled. Plus I like being able to hold the trigger and pump through a tube of shells.:)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Sounds like you could use a PCR.

I almost had myself talked into one earlier today. Then, I remembered that they had a PCR specific sight and that blew my whole rationalization out of the water. You see, I had rationalized it through the 'spare parts' method. When I got the new .40, it came with a CZ custom target sight in the rear and a fiber optic sight in the front. I was thinking of putting those on my stainless 75B which would have left me with a brand new set of Meprolites and no gun to put them on. Now, everybody knows that tritium has only a 12 year half life, so every second that I wouldn't have those sights installed would be costing me money. Ergo, it only made sense to pick up another CZ to keep me from wasting money. In other words, it was the financially prudent thing to do to buy a gun so those sights would not go to waste. Then, I realized that the PCR uses different sights and the whole thing collapsed. Well, that and the fact that I'm broke.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I almost had myself talked into one earlier today. Then, I remembered that they had a PCR specific sight and that blew my whole rationalization out of the water. You see, I had rationalized it through the 'spare parts' method. When I got the new .40, it came with a CZ custom target sight in the rear and a fiber optic sight in the front. I was thinking of putting those on my stainless 75B which would have left me with a brand new set of Meprolites and no gun to put them on. Now, everybody knows that tritium has only a 12 year half life, so every second that I wouldn't have those sights installed would be costing me money. Ergo, it only made sense to pick up another CZ to keep me from wasting money. In other words, it was the financially prudent thing to do to buy a gun so those sights would not go to waste. Then, I realized that the PCR uses different sights and the whole thing collapsed. Well, that and the fact that I'm broke.
    Damn.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom