Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I'm patiently waiting/looking for the right used 1911 to pop into my view. I really don't want to buy new, mainly to keep the price down. I'm being tempted by other versions currently, but really wanting to hold out for the right one. I would love a bobtailed commander, but also wanting to stay under $800, so that seems unrealistic. This would be an alternate carry gun, something easier to tote around than my fullsize stainless Loaded model that I currently have. Commander size seems ideal as I don't want another 5" gun, but also don't want a 3" either.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I got my alloy compact back last night after cerakote and reassembly. I totally forgot to take pictures. :ugh:

I'm looking forward to running it, hopefully tomorrow.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I pulled the RAMI out of the safe for the first time in months. One of the grips is loose and I don't have the correct allen wrench for it. So, going to have the Wizard remove those grips and go back to another set I have with the original grip screws. I need to run it a good bit so I can start carrying it again.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I'm patiently waiting/looking for the right used 1911 to pop into my view. I really don't want to buy new, mainly to keep the price down. I'm being tempted by other versions currently, but really wanting to hold out for the right one. I would love a bobtailed commander, but also wanting to stay under $800, so that seems unrealistic. This would be an alternate carry gun, something easier to tote around than my fullsize stainless Loaded model that I currently have. Commander size seems ideal as I don't want another 5" gun, but also don't want a 3" either.
    There is so much I could do with this, but I'll leave it alone....

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    A long day is coming to an end. I started it at 5am with a 2.5 mile walk, followed immediately by a 5 mile bike ride. I ended the night by reading our companies information security manuals and am now done for the night. I did manage to load a batch of 147g LFP 9mm ammo tonight, but the CZs just don't seem to like those. The little Sig eats that stuff up, but the CZs will hardly chamber it. Tomorrow night I'll do a batch of .40 and then I'll move on to .45 to stock the coffers there. I sure do love this hobby.

The InfoSec manuals probably had you ready to go to sleep... :):

That does sucks bro. Good luck tomorrow, nothing like picking up a brand new gun.

Yep, waiting sucks! Thanks though, looking forward to picking it up around noon today :D

Only thing I can think of that would meet the bill would be a used Sig Nightmare Carry, or one of their other carry models. I think there is also an Ultra Carry or something like that which is also a bobtail commander.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I pulled the RAMI out of the safe for the first time in months. One of the grips is loose and I don't have the correct allen wrench for it. So, going to have the Wizard remove those grips and go back to another set I have with the original grip screws. I need to run it a good bit so I can start carrying it again.

I still have not cleaned any of mine from the MCF&G shoot we had 2 weeks ago. Add the rounds from CT's place and I have some dirty guns.
    Just been to damned busy.
    I think this will start today when I get home from getting measured up for new glasses.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Just picked up my P229. It's in very good shape, though you can definitely tell it's had some rounds through it. All in all pretty happy.

P229%20OOB_zpsawqfekhg.jpg

P229%20Closeup_zpsqefbbtpc.jpg

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...nced-cz-best-pistol-market-3.html#post6638541

To most people CZs are just one of many. As you can see by reading this thread, CZs are just a passing fancy for a lot of people and that's cool. We live in a great time where there are a lot of great platforms out there and we can, for now, spend our money on any we take a fancy to. But, it seems clear that the CZ epidemic has passed for the most part and people are returning to their Sigs, Glocks and 1911s. What it tells me is that this hobby/lifestyle is healthy and evolving and people continue to grow and expand their interests and knowledge and that's a very good thing. What it also tells me is that the need for this thread has passed. Very little of the discussion actually involves CZs and most can be covered in other threads on the forum. So let's allow it to die an honorable death and move on to bigger and better things. We had a good run at seven but the party is over. Someone get the lights. ;)

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...nced-cz-best-pistol-market-3.html#post6638541

To most people CZs are just one of many. As you can see by reading this thread, CZs are just a passing fancy for a lot of people and that's cool. We live in a great time where there are a lot of great platforms out there and we can, for now, spend our money on any we take a fancy to. But, it seems clear that the CZ epidemic has passed for the most part and people are returning to their Sigs, Glocks and 1911s. What it tells me is that this hobby/lifestyle is healthy and evolving and people continue to grow and expand their interests and knowledge and that's a very good thing. What it also tells me is that the need for this thread has passed. Very little of the discussion actually involves CZs and most can be covered in other threads on the forum. So let's allow it to die an honorable death and move on to bigger and better things. We had a good run at seven but the party is over. Someone get the lights. ;)

Ah for me CZ's are not a passing fancy. They are my preferred handgun of choice. People get into this hobby for various reasons and not that many are as serious about the hobby as those that have been shooting, well the majority of their lives. But it is all good. I met some very good people through this thread, dare I say friends. If the CZ shoots are any indication then this is still a healthy interest for many. I say we keep it going. Cheer up there is always a day. Get some sleep brother, 4am'ish is not the time to make decisions.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    You misunderstand me, I'm not down at all. I think this is a good, healthy thing. But, I am a realist. Let's face it. To get the full benefits of CZ ownership you have to be willing to invest a lot of time and money. And, the money you invest can never be fully recouped. You can't blame people for not wanting to pay over $500 for a gun and then invest another $400+ to realize it's full potential. Especially since most of us are horse traders and like to have a, um, fluid inventory. The best you can hope to get for a fully Cajunized CZ is maybe 75 cents on the dollar on a very good day. Investing in hot rodded CZs is a good way to get poor, ask me how I know.;)

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    You misunderstand me, I'm not down at all. I think this is a good, healthy thing. But, I am a realist. Let's face it. To get the full benefits of CZ ownership you have to be willing to invest a lot of time and money. And, the money you invest can never be fully recouped. You can't blame people for not wanting to pay over $500 for a gun and then invest another $400+ to realize it's full potential. Especially since most of us are horse traders and like to have a, um, fluid inventory. The best you can hope to get for a fully Cajunized CZ is maybe 75 cents on the dollar on a very good day. Investing in hot rodded CZs is a good way to get poor, ask me how I know.;)

Oh I hear that. But I still think there is a very healthy interest in CZ's. And what the heck this thread is fun. I don't participate as much as I used to but that is because of priorities of life. I still read the thread and stay up with it even if I don't post as much. I would sorely miss the tomfoolery that goes on in here.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I don't care what we call this thread, I enjoy the comradery in here. I'd hate to see that go away. This thread has been one of the only things keeping me around Ingo for awhile. Sure I've dabbled in other threads over the years, but nothing like with this group. I've traveled 2 hours on three different occasions to hang with you guys. I'm grateful to have met, ate lunch, and rang steel with you folks on those several trips.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I don't care what we call this thread, I enjoy the comradery in here. I'd hate to see that go away. This thread has been one of the only things keeping me around Ingo for awhile. Sure I've dabbled in other threads over the years, but nothing like with this group. I've traveled 2 hours on three different occasions to hang with you guys. I'm grateful to have met, ate lunch, and rang steel with you folks on those several trips.

I feel the same, we got a good thing going on here. Next shoot maybe we should travel north or south to give you guys or Barry a break on the road trips.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I respectfully disagree. There are no handguns on the market in the price range of the average CZ, will say $500-$600, that are completely dialed in with a great trigger, sights, and ergos from the factory out of the box ready to go. Some need more than others. I'm gonna go back to something I believe Barry said before about no matter what you end up investing about $1000 to make a handgun the way you really want it, whether you buy a $600 gun and put $400 in upgrades, or if you buy a higher end version for $1000 right from the get go. Also, I've owned and upgraded a ton of different guns, I lose my a$$ pretty much every time I sell one, it sucks but I've learned to accept it. Trust me on this, my list of what I've owned is extremely hilarious to people who really know me.

I've learned that for me, I can invest about $200 into a CZ and be happy with it. I put good sights, a metal guide rod, and minor trigger upgrades (mainly to reduce the DA pull) into them.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I'm with the Dogs on this one. This thread may wander away from being purely a CZ thread, but it's the CZs that bind us. More over, it's the love of a good pistol that can be tuned into a great pistol that keeps us here. Like T-Dogg, this thread occupies about 80% of my INGO time. It has slowed down a bunch in the last month or so, but I attribute that to our being in the midst of summer. With the sky staying light until 9:30 every night, there's more time to be out and doing other stuff, so folks are not spending as much time on the thread. That's an INGO wide thing. There are times when I'll jump on and see that the latest post in any of the handgun threads is over 3 hours old. That does not happen during the winter.

The Czickness might be in remission in some, but I'm still down with it big time. I've bought 4 CZs and a clone in the last 6 weeks and if I had any cash left, would be on the hunt for number 6 in the form of a P07 in .40. They do get under your skin like the 1911s do. In my opinion, the thing that makes 1911s and CZs great are the fact that out of the box they are really good pistols, but with a bit of tuning, they are really great, world class pistols. If they all came fully cajunized, I don't think there would be as much enthusiasm as we get by taking them that last step of the journey. CM epitomizes this in his 1911s. He could easily afford to stock his safe with a bunch of Dan Wesson's and call it done, but there's more joy in making a great pistol than there is in just buying one. BA's collection of fully Cajunized CZs would probably not be near as big if he did not have a hand in creating each one of them.

Long live the Czickness!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom