Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Sorry to hear that T-D. It sucks getting up to aches and pains, but that's the gift of age. I'm still on my quest to drop down to a decent weight. I've dropped from 198 down to 170, but am having trouble getting down to the goal of 160, so I'm trying to up the exercise routine a bit. Plus, I added a bit of jogging while out this morning. Need to do more of that.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sorry to hear that T-D. It sucks getting up to aches and pains, but that's the gift of age. I'm still on my quest to drop down to a decent weight. I've dropped from 198 down to 170, but am having trouble getting down to the goal of 160, so I'm trying to up the exercise routine a bit. Plus, I added a bit of jogging while out this morning. Need to do more of that.

Your metabolism is not what it once was. Makes it difficult to burn off the excess.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Morning 88. Enjoy your walk.
    I woke up with a horribly stiff neck and have to skip the gym this morning. :(

I hate it when that happens. My back is still sore from straining it Saturday, but it's getting a bit better. Bought one of these 1720 lb. Capacity 48 in. x 96 in. Super Duty Folding Trailer and then dragged the two boxes totaling 260 lbs out of the Jeep myself. Got it half put together in the garage and had to stop. I'll wait til another cool day when my back isn't hurting.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I hate it when that happens. My back is still sore from straining it Saturday, but it's getting a bit better. Bought one of these 1720 lb. Capacity 48 in. x 96 in. Super Duty Folding Trailer and then dragged the two boxes totaling 260 lbs out of the Jeep myself. Got it half put together in the garage and had to stop. I'll wait til another cool day when my back isn't hurting.

Dang Snap, I'm impressed. I've had to resort to just unpacking the boxes while still in my truck if it's heavy stuff like that.

I can eat whatever/whenever and don't gain a pound. :p

That will change......Oh yes, that will change.

That is so true. Back when I was a pup, my wife would get frustrated because she'd go on a diet and I'd be the one to lose weight. That started to change in my 30s and now that I'm in my 50s, it's completely reversed. I figure that this last 10 pounds has been carried for close to two decades, and is not going to go without a fight.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Dang Snap, I'm impressed. I've had to resort to just unpacking the boxes while still in my truck if it's heavy stuff like that.
    That would have been smarter. :n00b: Fortunately, when I was at Harbor Freight buying it, I saw some moving dollies and bought a couple, not even realizing how much they would help.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    That is so true. Back when I was a pup, my wife would get frustrated because she'd go on a diet and I'd be the one to lose weight. That started to change in my 30s and now that I'm in my 50s, it's completely reversed. I figure that this last 10 pounds has been carried for close to two decades, and is not going to go without a fight.

That's where I'm at. I gained an extra 20lbs a couple years ago and can't seem to shake it. I think it's going to take extreme measures to get rid of it... :(

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

When I met the spouse I could wear a 30" waist Levi.
    Now.........:faint:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

When I met the spouse I could wear a 30" waist Levi.
    Now.........:faint:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    That's funny CM. I remember in my junior and senior years of high school I wore 28" waist Levi 501's. Those were hard to find. When I got out of the Army I was happy to have stepped up to a 30" waist. Didn't hit 32 until my 30's and hit 34 just before I turned 40. Now, knocking on the door to 50, I'm a size 36 :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom