Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I would love to have it. But, obviously, if you no longer want to sell it that's a moot point.

If you end up having the spare cash for it at some point and are interested in it, let me know. Until then I'm gonna keep it. If you decide you'd rather not buy it, that's fine too. I can keep it for those rare occasions I find .40 for a good price and otherwise keep it as a safe queen... ;)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Didn't like my post count number just then, so I needed another quick post... :):

Headed to the range to meet up with a buddy of mine. Looking forward to some lead therapy :D

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I went order some parts last night so I could cross them off my list. Total was $54, not bad at all except shipping was $33! 3 slings and an M1A cleaning kit.... Ummmmm no thanks, I'll buy elsewhere.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I went order some parts last night so I could cross them off my list. Total was $54, not bad at all except shipping was $33! 3 slings and an M1A cleaning kit.... Ummmmm no thanks, I'll buy elsewhere.

The shipping/handling thing is a profit making racket now. They have us hooked so they set the damn thing when we hit the little button.
    It is no longer a deal to buy on line but no one really stocks local anymore.....:(

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    The shipping/handling thing is a profit making racket now. They have us hooked so they set the damn thing when we hit the little button.
    It is no longer a deal to buy on line but no one really stocks local anymore.....:(
    Ok, my bad... I didn't read far enough into it. The shipping is a generic quote and actual shipping will be adjusted when the item ships out. They won't charge till it does.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I remember liking 88's quite a bit. Especially for a GI style, which I usually don't care for.

Is the front sight dovetailed or no?

Yes, it's dovetailed, but I don't recall the cut. It might be a Springfield cut, but I'm not sure. The rear is a GI cut. I really should do a set of sights on mine. I've been carrying it some lately but I don't think I'll ever use it as a nightstand gun, so night sights are not a must have on that one. Still, a set of TFOs would be nice anyway.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

I've become hooked on Amazon Prime. There are a lot of gun parts available there and that's where I've been buying my Pierce Finger Groove grips. It's easy to get used to the free two day shipping. Last summer, I was bored at a concert at a local winery on a Saturday night and started holster shopping for my S&W 66. I found a nice Galco rig at about 8pm and by 10am on Sunday morning, it was on my doorstep. I think I paid $3.99 for the upcharge to next day shipping. I've been buying razor blades and other odd stuff that way too. I just bought a RATS tourniquet and a trama kit from them the other day with free next day shipping. I think I'm going to put the trauma kit on automatic reorder monthly until each of the vehicles and gun bags have one, as well as a few extra for the house. I love free shipping.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Just ordered 2000 124 gr. 9mm bullets from extreme with free shipping...delivery person is not going to be happy with me....

I just got my order of 2500 230g .45 bullets yesterday. That was 85lbs of lead and copper. I had a delivery earlier in the week and apologized to the UPS guy in advance and then again yesterday. He said I could make it up to him by lending him a file so he could take a burr off of the dolly that was giving him grief. I was more than happy to take care of that since this is not the only heavy order he's had to bring my way. A couple of years back, he hauled 150lbs of sheetmetal into the garage and there have been lots of bullet orders too.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Had a great time at the range with my buddy. Rented the Sig P226 Legion SAO again. Man I cannot get enough of that gun! :D

Target to show off. This was at 7 yards:

Target%20From%20Sig%20and%20Loaded_zpsjscsvwmb.jpg

Top left 2" target was with the Sig Legion. On the right, the 6" splatter target and the 2" target were done with my Springer Loaded with the trigger job CM did for me. I'm really starting to love that gun :rockwoot:

Oh yeah and thanks to TopDog, as we stopped at Gander afterwards and picked up a few boxes of cheap 9mm.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I feel like I just put together a garage sale in the classifieds. :faint:
    I'm going with all irons on my rifles for awhile. It really slows the pace down at the range, leads to more enjoyment, and less ammo consumption. I'm challenging myself more, focusing on the fundamentals, and enjoying the range time. Too many years of looking through glass and just yanking the trigger until it hits where I want.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I'm going with all irons on my rifles for awhile. It really slows the pace down at the range, leads to more enjoyment, and less ammo consumption. I'm challenging myself more, focusing on the fundamentals, and enjoying the range time. Too many years of looking through glass and just yanking the trigger until it hits where I want.
    :rockwoot:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

That's pretty cool T-Dogg. It's keeping with the journey vs. destination philosophy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom