• Status
    Not open for further replies.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    If anyone is interested, they do have a CZ 1911A1 down at The Outdoorsman in Greenwood. I toyed with buying it when I was thinking that my serial number was 623ish and the one they have is 620. Had it been a consecutive serial number, I'd have it at home right now, but turns out mine is #653. They are pricey for a GI, but cheap for a Dan Wesson. Maybe they will become a bit of a collectors item some day. I hope they do and then I'll kick myself for passing on getting a second one way back in the spring of 2016.

Interesting... did you happen to notice how much they were asking for it? How many of these were made?

sofrosune

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    AIM Surplus just had a release of Israeli surplus CZ 75's. Marked "Made In Czechoslovakia" with the rounded trigger guards. They look to be sold out now, but often re-list in multiple batches from my experience.

Last edited:

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Thanks WT, I just got that email a bit ago. I think I've decided to get the parts I need rather than purchase another firearm. All rifles need a sling and I'm tired of moving the one I have to all of them... Also have a couple other little things I've been needing for awhile. Trying to be a good little boy.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've been kicking around a few collection modifications lately. Last night, I shot my G23 for a bit and while I shot it reasonably well, it was no where near as much fun as shooting either the 75B or CZ 1911 was today. While shooting, the thought occurred to me that I could sell everything I own and would still have a bunch of fun just shooting the three that were on the table today. While that might be a bit extreme, it does have me wondering if it's time to let the G27 go. Or, maybe the G23, but that's a bit of a stretch for me right now. Heck, maybe it's time to let .40 go all together and focus on just 10mm, 9mm and .45.

One thing I am considering is making an offer on the Dan Wesson RZ45 Heritage down at USDS. I fondled it a bit the other day and it would fit right in with the collection quite nicely. I'd have to move a couple of things to make that happen though, but just can't figure out what.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've been kicking around a few collection modifications lately. Last night, I shot my G23 for a bit and while I shot it reasonably well, it was no where near as much fun as shooting either the 75B or CZ 1911 was today. While shooting, the thought occurred to me that I could sell everything I own and would still have a bunch of fun just shooting the three that were on the table today. While that might be a bit extreme, it does have me wondering if it's time to let the G27 go. Or, maybe the G23, but that's a bit of a stretch for me right now. Heck, maybe it's time to let .40 go all together and focus on just 10mm, 9mm and .45.

One thing I am considering is making an offer on the Dan Wesson RZ45 Heritage down at USDS. I fondled it a bit the other day and it would fit right in with the collection quite nicely. I'd have to move a couple of things to make that happen though, but just can't figure out what.

I have thinned the herd substantially this year. Not looking to sell anything else.

If I had a G**** I would sell it to.....:):

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I really do need to thin the herd a bit. I have guns in the safe that have not been shot in years and are not likely to be shot for years. A bunch of those are my son's rifles, so those are not going anywhere, but there is room for some safe cleaning to be done. I think I'm done with collecting Mosins, but I'll keep at least one around. I have a nice, milled receiver AK that was fun to shoot once in a while, but it's never the first choice when I head to Atterbury any more. I just don't care for the ergonomics of the AK platform as much as I do the ARs.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I once had a gat. No more ever for me, I'll shoot other people's, but I don't enjoy it. G27 was my first handgun purchase, first one I ever fired in fact, knowing what I know now it wasn't the best thing to start with... It took me awhile to learn to like it. Eventually I shot it pretty well, then I got a CZ and I could no longer shoot it well. However when I swapped over to the 9mm barrel I shot it perfect. That convinced me to sell the gat and buy a RAMI. Haven't looked back at all. I just can't do plastic. I don't like the way it feels, looks, sounds or smells. Yes they are tools and perfect for that, but life it too short to have ugly tools.. I want the prettiest damn tools that actually work.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I had wondered about the same for my 75B. IIRC, the hole in the right side of the frame isn't the right size, and you have to be really careful about getting it just right so the slide stop doesn't break. From what I remember reading, consensus was that you'd be time and effort ahead to just get an 85B/C.

I really wouldn't mind giving the 85C a hard look, but I don't think the mags are interchangeable with the 75B because there's no firing pin block. Why that matters with magazines I'm not sure, but I believe the 85B mags ARE compatible with the 75B. since it does have the firing pin block. And it's hard to justify an 85B when I already have a mostly-ambi 75B.
    As long as the 85 is made after about '94 there shouldn't be any mag issues. I use the same mags for my 75 pre-B, 85 and newer models of 75B and 75 Compact, PCR, P01, Phantom, etc.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom