• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    The real problem is.....who did the work. Sounds like he did some kitchen gun smithing to it with his polishing and swapping parts. Maybe it turned out nice? But it wasn't done by CGW or the Wiz, so who knows.

Personally, I don't know that guy, and I don't have $1100 to gamble on it.

Maybe meet him at the range and run it before buying?

The problem is that it is a finished gun, for the most part. Not really much to keep him busy.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The real problem is.....who did the work. Sounds like he did some kitchen gun smithing to it with his polishing and swapping parts. Maybe it turned out nice? But it wasn't done by CGW or the Wiz, so who knows.

Personally, I don't know that guy, and I don't have $1100 to gamble on it.

Maybe meet him at the range and run it before buying?

He says he got it from CZ Custom. I would assume they did the work.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I stand corrected. He did a few things on it. It probably wouldn't hurt to have the Wizard look it over.

Like seedubs said, if I was gonna spend that much on it, I'd want to run it first. If it ran well, then I'd have the Wiz take a look to verify the deal was solid. It's all conjecture for me though, as I don't have the money for it... :):

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I didn't want to make that offer because I am already paying off one gun and have a couple of other things I need to take care of first. If it is still out there when those things are cleared away I will be all over it.

Understood, didn't take that as a commitment, just that you'd like it if it's available when you have funds :yesway:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Got back from the range a bit earlier. What a nice morning to go shooting. And, this was an all CZ day for me. I took the CCO, 75B Stainless and 1911A1. The 1911 is coming up on the thousand round mark without a failure, shooting mostly with its factory mags. I don't know if I have any other 1911s that I can say that about. Most of them run beautifully with Wilson Combats, but have an occasional issue with their own factory mags. The CCO and the CZ 1911 are some of the only ones that seem to ship with good mags.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Got back from the range a bit earlier. What a nice morning to go shooting. And, this was an all CZ day for me. I took the CCO, 75B Stainless and 1911A1. The 1911 is coming up on the thousand round mark without a failure, shooting mostly with its factory mags. I don't know if I have any other 1911s that I can say that about. Most of them run beautifully with Wilson Combats, but have an occasional issue with their own factory mags. The CCO and the CZ 1911 are some of the only ones that seem to ship with good mags.

Sounds like a good morning!

redwingshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Greenwood
    Sorry I haven't been on as of late...pretty crazy schedule going on for me with work, daughter, getting back into exercising, life. All that jazz. I've read all I've missed though, so I'm up to date!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom