Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Anyone know why CZ calls an ambi-safety CZ 75B a CZ 85B, yet why they don't call the ambi safety stainless 75B a stainless 85B? You would think that since the stainless 75B is fully ambidexterous like the CZ 85B, it would just be called the stainless 85B.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Got back from the range a bit earlier. What a nice morning to go shooting. And, this was an all CZ day for me. I took the CCO, 75B Stainless and 1911A1. The 1911 is coming up on the thousand round mark without a failure, shooting mostly with its factory mags. I don't know if I have any other 1911s that I can say that about. Most of them run beautifully with Wilson Combats, but have an occasional issue with their own factory mags. The CCO and the CZ 1911 are some of the only ones that seem to ship with good mags.

Oh, and I'm not responsible for the holes in the table. I'm amazed that just about every other week or so, there's a new hole in the tables out there. It makes me wonder what kind of idiots shoot in the bays some times.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Got back from the range a bit earlier. What a nice morning to go shooting. And, this was an all CZ day for me. I took the CCO, 75B Stainless and 1911A1. The 1911 is coming up on the thousand round mark without a failure, shooting mostly with its factory mags. I don't know if I have any other 1911s that I can say that about. Most of them run beautifully with Wilson Combats, but have an occasional issue with their own factory mags. The CCO and the CZ 1911 are some of the only ones that seem to ship with good mags.

You guys may have already discussed this, I swear I saw something in the previous CZ thread, but that 1911 may already be a collector's item... it's not in the 2106 product catalog, and none of my usual haunts have any in stock. Did the A1 end up being a limited run for CZ? Sounds like it's been a winner so far!

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Anyone know why CZ calls an ambi-safety CZ 75B a CZ 85B, yet why they don't call the ambi safety stainless 75B a stainless 85B? You would think that since the stainless 75B is fully ambidexterous like the CZ 85B, it would just be called the stainless 85B.

From what I understand it is basically due to name recognition. For whatever reason the CZ 75 is more well known than the 85 and people are uncomfortable buying something they don't know about. So, when they decided to launch the stainless ambis they went with the tried and true CZ 75 label. :dunno:

You wouldn't think it would make that much difference.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    From what I understand it is basically due to name recognition. For whatever reason the CZ 75 is more well known than the 85 and people are uncomfortable buying something they don't know about. So, when they decided to launch the stainless ambis they went with the tried and true CZ 75 label. :dunno:

You wouldn't think it would make that much difference.

If I'm not mistaken, the 85 models also have an ambi slide release; the stainless 75 models only have the ambi safety.

poweraddict

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    Greenfield
    So I finally caught the CZickness and bought a CZ Sp01 Tactical being sold on consignment at BGF today. I was looking at going with an XDM 5.25, but with all the positive reviews I've read about CZs I at least wanted to check one out before I went and bought another XD (l've owned a couple Springfield XDs in the past and I really liked them, but I had to sell them due to finances). After holding it in my hand I knew immediately that I was going to buy it. I have yet to shoot it, but I'might looking to remedy that before the weekend. I plan on disassembling it tonight and trying to determine if any work has been done to it yet or not. It did have aftermarket grips already installed. I do still plan on buying a 5.25 one day as well, but it has dropped down a few spots on my want list.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    So I finally caught the CZickness and bought a CZ Sp01 Tactical being sold on consignment at BGF today. I was looking at going with an XDM 5.25, but with all the positive reviews I've read about CZs I at least wanted to check one out before I went and bought another XD (l've owned a couple Springfield XDs in the past and I really liked them, but I had to sell them due to finances). After holding it in my hand I knew immediately that I was going to buy it. I have yet to shoot it, but I'might looking to remedy that before the weekend. I plan on disassembling it tonight and trying to determine if any work has been done to it yet or not. It did have aftermarket grips already installed. I do still plan on buying a 5.25 one day as well, but it has dropped down a few spots on my want list.

You'll love it. I just recently sold mine and I really wish I hadn't had to. Lovely gun.

redwingshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Greenwood
    Hey now, no rubbing salt in the wounds... :laugh:

They are that nice! Don't last very long, especially at a reasonable price.

I'm just playing bro. Trust me I know how it is to have to sell stuff off to pay for other necessities. I've had to give up my fair share of gems in my time too, so I've been there.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    My blued 97b has made the rounds in this group. Had to sell to fund something else at the time :(

I'm just playing bro. Trust me I know how it is to have to sell stuff off to pay for other necessities. I've had to give up my fair share of gems in my time too, so I've been there.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    If I'm not mistaken, the 85 models also have an ambi slide release; the stainless 75 models only have the ambi safety.
    Good catch. I had not noticed that before. I wonder if an ambi slide release can be fit. An ambi safety cannot due to how different the frame is to accomodate the ambi mounting.

You guys may have already discussed this, I swear I saw something in the previous CZ thread, but that 1911 may already be a collector's item... it's not in the 2106 product catalog, and none of my usual haunts have any in stock. Did the A1 end up being a limited run for CZ? Sounds like it's been a winner so far!

If anyone is interested, they do have a CZ 1911A1 down at The Outdoorsman in Greenwood. I toyed with buying it when I was thinking that my serial number was 623ish and the one they have is 620. Had it been a consecutive serial number, I'd have it at home right now, but turns out mine is #653. They are pricey for a GI, but cheap for a Dan Wesson. Maybe they will become a bit of a collectors item some day. I hope they do and then I'll kick myself for passing on getting a second one way back in the spring of 2016.

MC1983

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    Indianapolis
    A buddy of mine let me shoot his CZ75 last summer and since then I have purchased a CZ75 compact, CZ75B that's been converted to SAO, CZ75B, and a Kadet slide.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    A buddy of mine let me shoot his CZ75 last summer and since then I have purchased a CZ75 compact, CZ75B that's been converted to SAO, CZ75B, and a Kadet slide.

All it takes is a small sip of :koolaid: to become hooked. Sounds like you built a nice collection pretty quickly though. Of all of my CZs, my compact is my favorite, but I think the new stainless 75B is quickly gaining ground on becoming my new favorite.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Good catch. I had not noticed that before. I wonder if an ambi slide release can be fit. An ambi safety cannot due to how different the frame is to accomodate the ambi mounting.

I had wondered about the same for my 75B. IIRC, the hole in the right side of the frame isn't the right size, and you have to be really careful about getting it just right so the slide stop doesn't break. From what I remember reading, consensus was that you'd be time and effort ahead to just get an 85B/C.

I really wouldn't mind giving the 85C a hard look, but I don't think the mags are interchangeable with the 75B because there's no firing pin block. Why that matters with magazines I'm not sure, but I believe the 85B mags ARE compatible with the 75B. since it does have the firing pin block. And it's hard to justify an 85B when I already have a mostly-ambi 75B.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom