churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Lets see.....
    -Reloading. Nope. Not enough time and no space to set up the way I would want to.
    -New purchases. Will have to be something very unique. As I have 2 really sweet "Steel" guns and a few Really sweet 1911's and an outstanding 97. Like BA, I just do not see much that blows my skirt up right now. Having found the Phantom a new home there is nothing else in the inventory I wish to move.
    -Ammo. Yup. Always a need.
    -Mags. I have plenty. Having located the lost mag for the 97 (thanks Wiz...:)) I am pretty good across the board here.
    -Practice. Yup. When I get through the current home improvement projects I want to get out early mornings to MCF&G like 88 does and concentrate on 1 particular piece at a time. The spouse wants to join me in this. The 9mm custom I picked up for her is a sweetheart to run. 1911 Commander bobbed. I will be putting a rail on it for her Laser. She likes to point and shoot. Eventually muscle memory will be set up and she will not have to rely on the Laser.

I am comfortable with what I have.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ironically, I feel pretty much the same way. Luckily I have two close friends who reload and I occasionally go in with them to make a case or two of ammo on the cheap.

I find that my time is worth more to me than saving a few cents a round.
    Absolutely no knock on those who do reload. If I started doing this my addictive personality would consume me.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I'm comfortable too, although I'm still trying to figure out the perfect truck gun from what I already have. I was an idiot and sold my model 10 snubby that had that role previously. My RAMI would be good for that, but it's too pretty, especially once I put on the stag grips. I've ordered brass grip screws that should arrive any day.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm comfortable too, although I'm still trying to figure out the perfect truck gun from what I already have. I was an idiot and sold my model 10 snubby that had that role previously. My RAMI would be good for that, but it's too pretty, especially once I put on the stag grips. I've ordered brass grip screws that should arrive any day.

What about that Blued Snubby you had at the meet&shoot...???

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Lets see.....
    -Reloading. Nope. Not enough time and no space to set up the way I would want to.
    -New purchases. Will have to be something very unique. As I have 2 really sweet "Steel" guns and a few Really sweet 1911's and an outstanding 97. Like BA, I just do not see much that blows my skirt up right now. Having found the Phantom a new home there is nothing else in the inventory I wish to move.
    -Ammo. Yup. Always a need.
    -Mags. I have plenty. Having located the lost mag for the 97 (thanks Wiz...:)) I am pretty good across the board here.
    -Practice. Yup. When I get through the current home improvement projects I want to get out early mornings to MCF&G like 88 does and concentrate on 1 particular piece at a time. The spouse wants to join me in this. The 9mm custom I picked up for her is a sweetheart to run. 1911 Commander bobbed. I will be putting a rail on it for her Laser. She likes to point and shoot. Eventually muscle memory will be set up and she will not have to rely on the Laser.

I am comfortable with what I have.
    I have a brand new PCR that I've had for maybe a couple of months. Fully upgraded with all the bells and whistles. It rarely goes now because there are just too many that come before it. I have a 75B that I've had for quite a while. It has one of the nicest triggers of the bunch. It sits in the safe most of the time as I always seem to have something that "must" be shot. It's hard to justify a new gun when I have such nice ones sitting at home being neglected.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have a brand new PCR that I've had for maybe a couple of months. Fully upgraded with all the bells and whistles. It rarely goes now because there are just too many that come before it. I have a 75B that I've had for quite a while. It has one of the nicest triggers of the bunch. It sits in the safe most of the time as I always seem to have something that "must" be shot. It's hard to justify a new gun when I have such nice ones sitting at home being neglected.

That is a good point. I still have not touched the pieces I took last Sunday. No time yet to sit and apply the cleaning and love they deserve.

Will I have another project gun.....:dunno:.....possibly.
    When I get the SA-LW back and finish tuning it up I am just not sure.
    Am I tempted.....you bet I am.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    It's easy for me to talk myself into another one. But, I have to be realistic and say, okay, if you get in a pinch what do you want to part with? The answer is nothing. So, I need to save my nickels for a rainy day.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It's easy for me to talk myself into another one. But, I have to be realistic and say, okay, if you get in a pinch what do you want to part with? The answer is nothing. So, I need to save my nickels for a rainy day.

I find I have a butt load of .308 ammo that I will never use unless I end up with another semi-auto.
    I have that nice bolt gun but it deserves good stuff.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    I took the Phantom out last night for a little range shooting. I was having trouble with trigger reset last Sunday. Gave the gun a good cleaning and Lube ran 72 rounds through it and no trigger issues. Was using an IDPA Target all rounds in the a Zone IE zero points down.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom