wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning all...:coffee:

I finally got the 85 to the range last evening. Most of you guys have shot some or all of my little family of CZs. I think you will agree that there are some nice triggers in the group. I'm here to testify that this 85 might be the best. The DA was measured at 6lbs 5oz and is smooth as glass. The pull is consistent from start to break with no stacking at all. The SA was measured at 2lbs 9oz and is really nice. The amazing thing is that while the takeup was measured at .040 it is, in the hands of the shooter, effectively non-existent. As you all know a Cajunized CZ often has a little takeup and feels a little like a two stage trigger. You pull in the takeup and come to a stop where the crisp break is. Well, not on this gun. If you approach this like a standard tuned CZ you will pull right through. You really have to talk to yourself before shooting it. And there is no need for a 10x bushing on this one. Even with my very limited skills with a handgun I was nailing the bull consistently with this beauty. We are considering testing it with a 13# mainspring as the SA may in fact be a little too nice. If it shoots in at all, which is inevitable with the new parts, she would be borderline dangerous. I've had a lot of tuned CZs and some really sweet triggers but this one takes the cake. All in all this project has exceeded my fondest hopes for what she could become. This old beater milsurp 85 is now not only the most attractive CZ I own but sports the best trigger and accuracy that rivals any I have had. I think she's a keeper.

BA, that sounds amazing, congrats!

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Morning again, everyone. I feel like I won the lottery with this one. Sitting back and reflecting I think my buying days are about at an end. I want to focus on the ammo locker, getting the project gun up to speed and then some Cerakoting projects with Allen. I don't really see how adding anything would improve the group from where it is now.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning again, everyone. I feel like I won the lottery with this one. Sitting back and reflecting I think my buying days are about at an end. I want to focus on the ammo locker, getting the project gun up to speed and then some Cerakoting projects with Allen. I don't really see how adding anything would improve the group from where it is now.

Always a good feeling to get to that point. My collection isn't as nice as yours, but I'm happy with what I have, for now. There are quite a few things I'd like to have and maybe I'll add something to my collection down the road, but at this point in time I'm happy :)

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Sorry to hear the koolaid man seems to have stopped visiting your house...

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    What I didn't mention was that the other gun I had at the range was my alloy compact. It is also an exceptional gun with a really fantastic trigger. My first three rounds with it were in the black and the rest were either in it or touching it. That doesn't happen for me very often. Kinda hard to think about improving the collection from this point.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    What I didn't mention was that the other gun I had at the range was my alloy compact. It is also an exceptional gun with a really fantastic trigger. My first three rounds with it were in the black and the rest were either in it or touching it. That doesn't happen for me very often. Kinda hard to think about improving the collection from this point.
    Don't worry BA, you'll be out of this funk shortly and back to your normal self.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Well, I've started my centerfire diet. I'll be shooting mostly rimfire from here on out for awhile. In the mean time I'll be saving and buying centerfire ammo in hopes of stocking up for awhile.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I need ammo badly. I think I need to move something and look at reloading.

I want to start investing in ammo so I don't get in a pinch later and have to sell something.

Reloading would be a great investment for you. For about the price of a single handgun ($650 or less to get you started with something nice), you could start saving money on ammo. I would think, as much as you shoot, you would make your money back in about 6 months and be saving about half the cost for ammo thereafter. I wish I had the free time and space I would need to reload.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom