Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I finally got the 85 to the range last evening. Most of you guys have shot some or all of my little family of CZs. I think you will agree that there are some nice triggers in the group. I'm here to testify that this 85 might be the best. The DA was measured at 6lbs 5oz and is smooth as glass. The pull is consistent from start to break with no stacking at all. The SA was measured at 2lbs 9oz and is really nice. The amazing thing is that while the takeup was measured at .040 it is, in the hands of the shooter, effectively non-existent. As you all know a Cajunized CZ often has a little takeup and feels a little like a two stage trigger. You pull in the takeup and come to a stop where the crisp break is. Well, not on this gun. If you approach this like a standard tuned CZ you will pull right through. You really have to talk to yourself before shooting it. And there is no need for a 10x bushing on this one. Even with my very limited skills with a handgun I was nailing the bull consistently with this beauty. We are considering testing it with a 13# mainspring as the SA may in fact be a little too nice. If it shoots in at all, which is inevitable with the new parts, she would be borderline dangerous. I've had a lot of tuned CZs and some really sweet triggers but this one takes the cake. All in all this project has exceeded my fondest hopes for what she could become. This old beater milsurp 85 is now not only the most attractive CZ I own but sports the best trigger and accuracy that rivals any I have had. I think she's a keeper.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    :coffee: Good morning BA.

If that 85 has that good of a trigger, coming from a guy in the land of blessed triggers, then it must be something incredible.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    BA, did you see I ordered the surplus 75 from Buds? While I liked the look of the nickel ones on GB, the beater 75 just kept talking to me, and I was so impressed with Rusty's that I couldn't wait anymore. I really like the .40 you showed me, but by the time I get mags and ammo I wouldn't have much left over for upgrades or for other mags/ammo needed for my AK that I just got.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I finally got the 85 to the range last evening. Most of you guys have shot some or all of my little family of CZs. I think you will agree that there are some nice triggers in the group. I'm here to testify that this 85 might be the best. The DA was measured at 6lbs 5oz and is smooth as glass. The pull is consistent from start to break with no stacking at all. The SA was measured at 2lbs 9oz and is really nice. The amazing thing is that while the takeup was measured at .040 it is, in the hands of the shooter, effectively non-existent. As you all know a Cajunized CZ often has a little takeup and feels a little like a two stage trigger. You pull in the takeup and come to a stop where the crisp break is. Well, not on this gun. If you approach this like a standard tuned CZ you will pull right through. You really have to talk to yourself before shooting it. And there is no need for a 10x bushing on this one. Even with my very limited skills with a handgun I was nailing the bull consistently with this beauty. We are considering testing it with a 13# mainspring as the SA may in fact be a little too nice. If it shoots in at all, which is inevitable with the new parts, she would be borderline dangerous. I've had a lot of tuned CZs and some really sweet triggers but this one takes the cake. All in all this project has exceeded my fondest hopes for what she could become. This old beater milsurp 85 is now not only the most attractive CZ I own but sports the best trigger and accuracy that rivals any I have had. I think she's a keeper.

When I saw it in the sunlight I was impressed.
    Wish I could have stuck around and ran it but family 1st.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom