Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Yes, hate it. Any gun that takes unique mags has to have five at the very least. Then I can run a box of ammo through the gun as I only load ten per mag for the range.

That's what I do. I've found that loading more than 10 isn't good unless doing specific drills.

I am "Down" to 45 mags for the 1911's...............:):

All Wilson and McCormacks.

:faint:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I need mags for my Delta Elite and 10mm Witness. I've only got the two factory mags for the DE, and those run fine, but don't lock the slide back consistently. I usually run 10mm in my .45 mags at the range and it seems to work better than the 10mm mags. But, once I get the slide back from AllenM, the gun should be well set up to carry. To do that will require new mags. I'm thinking of going with the Tripp Research mags for it.

The Witness only has 3 for it, so it needs a couple of more to round it out. I tend to go to the range with empty mags and reload between each string, so it's not been a big deal for me. On an outdoor range, I like to take my time and reloading mags lets me think about what I did on the last string and need to do for the next.

Plus, if I take loaded mags on a range trip with my sons, we'd be out of ammo before I could even get the bags down and guns set up. I've had that happen before at Atterbury. I was busy setting the spotting scope up and by the time I was set, they had burned through just about all of the AR ammo.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I need mags for my Delta Elite and 10mm Witness. I've only got the two factory mags for the DE, and those run fine, but don't lock the slide back consistently. I usually run 10mm in my .45 mags at the range and it seems to work better than the 10mm mags. But, once I get the slide back from AllenM, the gun should be well set up to carry. To do that will require new mags. I'm thinking of going with the Tripp Research mags for it.

The Witness only has 3 for it, so it needs a couple of more to round it out. I tend to go to the range with empty mags and reload between each string, so it's not been a big deal for me. On an outdoor range, I like to take my time and reloading mags lets me think about what I did on the last string and need to do for the next.

Plus, if I take loaded mags on a range trip with my sons, we'd be out of ammo before I could even get the bags down and guns set up. I've had that happen before at Atterbury. I was busy setting the spotting scope up and by the time I was set, they had burned through just about all of the AR ammo.
    ;)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

You did not bring enough then.....:)

If I take the boys they chew up some ammo.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom