churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Good afternoon folks!

I wish I could help, but rarely get north of Indy.

I admire the optimism of worrying about sights. As if we could see them anyway. Point shooting is where it's at for me lately. If I have to take a careful shot over 10 yards, I'll use the sights, but in SD range, it's going to be point shooting.

So, I took the stainless 75B apart last night for some polishing work and while in there, installed free float trigger pin and a lighter hammer spring. The hammer spring is the black one rated at 11.5#. I'm running it with the stock FPS for now and we'll see if it has any ignition issues at the range. Stock, the trigger measured 9.5# DA with a 4.75# SA pull. With polishing and the lighter spring, I'm seeing 6.5# DA and 3.5# SA. Eventually, I'll start ordering some Cajun goodness for it, but that might wait until other projects are completed. These parts came out of the spares bin, so the cost is nil so far.

One thing I did notice was that the mag release, lifter spring screw was loose. I tried to turn it, but there's no bite so I just restaked it and will keep an eye on it for the next range trip. If it loosens again, she'll have to make a trip back to CZ for some work on that area.

Just my drive to make the gun right by my standards. So much invested in time/money/effort I want it to be all that it can be.....:)

Yeah, I have become a point shooter again. If I can the 1st one or 2 might be off the sights but the rest of the mag is acquire and fire. A habit I can not nor do I want to......break.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Whew, had fun at the range :D

Glad I got to shoot my friend's guns, as now I know I someday want to do the Apex FSS trigger upgrade for my Shield and I no longer have a burning desire to buy another tupperware gun! I always start wanting one, but shooting one is enough to break me of that.... :):

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Whew, had fun at the range :D

Glad I got to shoot my friend's guns, as now I know I someday want to do the Apex FSS trigger upgrade for my Shield and I no longer have a burning desire to buy another tupperware gun! I always start wanting one, but shooting one is enough to break me of that.... :):

Get the whole Apex Tactical M&P Shield Action Enhancement AET & Duty Carry Kit. I put those in both my shields. It has the FSS trigger and will give you a very smooth 5lbs triger pull.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I have the Browning Buckmark 5.5 I do like it.
    I'm comparing it and the ruger 22/45 right now. I had a 22/45 LITE last year that stuck around for a couple months. It left because there were quite a few things I didn't like about it, most of which could be fixed with more money, but I didn't like it enough to take that jump. Now I find myself wanting another 22 pistol and am considering the Buckmark.

My goal here is an affordable 22 plinker. Must be really accurate and "heirloom" quality. I want it to last me a lifetime without too much trouble. I guess I shouldn't discount a wheelgun, because if I had my choice I think I'd prefer that over a semi. One time at the range last year I met an older fella who was shooting a colt DA revolver, he said he's got over 100,000 rounds through it. I want to be THAT guy. :cool:

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    I'm comparing it and the ruger 22/45 right now. I had a 22/45 LITE last year that stuck around for a couple months. It left because there were quite a few things I didn't like about it, most of which could be fixed with more money, but I didn't like it enough to take that jump. Now I find myself wanting another 22 pistol and am considering the Buckmark.

My goal here is an affordable 22 plinker. Must be really accurate and "heirloom" quality. I want it to last me a lifetime without too much trouble. I guess I shouldn't discount a wheelgun, because if I had my choice I think I'd prefer that over a semi. One time at the range last year I met an older fella who was shooting a colt DA revolver, he said he's got over 100,000 rounds through it. I want to be THAT guy. :cool:

If you ever get down this way I'll let you try it out.
    Buy a good .22 you should get that 100K.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I have never owned but have shot the Buckmark.
    I have owned several Ruger MII's and MIII's......also 22/45's.............I do like them.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I have never owned but have shot the Buckmark.
    I have owned several Ruger MII's and MIII's......also 22/45's.............I do like them.
    I'm thinking about this too much and too hard... I need to buy the standard 22/45 with removable grips. Deal with the things I don't like and modify and upgrade it when I can. That's the best solution for me. Nothing out of the box will be what I want. I need to make it what I want. I like to tinker and all the parts are out there to deal with what I don't like.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm thinking about this too much and too hard... I need to buy the standard 22/45 with removable grips. Deal with the things I don't like and modify and upgrade it when I can. That's the best solution for me. Nothing out of the box will be what I want. I need to make it what I want. I like to tinker and all the parts are out there to deal with what I don't like.

You are truly a sick man.......................:koolaid:

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    North Louisville (So Ind)

Tactical Solutions is coming out with their own 22/45 model, looks pretty nice if you ask me. May not have to be a project (but I like projects). Pac-Lite Complete .22LR Pistol ? Tactical Solutions

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Tactical Solutions is coming out with their own 22/45 model, looks pretty nice if you ask me. May not have to be a project (but I like projects). Pac-Lite Complete .22LR Pistol ? Tactical Solutions
    They are out, just stumbled across one online, about double what I want to spend though. I'm going through pricing out what the mods will cost me. I hadn't planned on a threaded barrel, but now I'm rethinking.....

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Get the whole Apex Tactical M&P Shield Action Enhancement AET & Duty Carry Kit. I put those in both my shields. It has the FSS trigger and will give you a very smooth 5lbs triger pull.

Might have to look into that. Oddly enough, I shot my Shield with the stock trigger as well or better than my buddy's Shield with the Apex FSS trigger kit. His felt a ton better though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom