• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    North Louisville (So Ind)
    They are out, just stumbled across one online, about double what I want to spend though. I'm going through pricing out what the mods will cost me. I hadn't planned on a threaded barrel, but now I'm rethinking.....

Definitely threaded barrel. If you haven't started in suppressors yet, it's not too far away then. They make shooting a lot more pleasant, which is hard to do, because shooting is GREAT!

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Might have to look into that. Oddly enough, I shot my Shield with the stock trigger as well or better than my buddy's Shield with the Apex FSS trigger kit. His felt a ton better though.

I found that I shot the stock well. But it was a lot more comfortable with kit in it and I shot more accurately. Hence putting the kit in the second shield as well. The stock shield is one of those rare birds that is just fine stock, but amazing with some tweaking.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Yeah, It's time for you guys and gal to start buying more guns.

This thread is getting quite boring, and unfortunately, it is really the only one I look at daily. :):
    Working on it! I almost bought the necessary upgrade parts for the one I'm considering before I even bought the gun. I'm getting worse at this program... Last time I bought spare mags before I got the gun...

Several of us are accepting donations if you'd like the show to continue. ;)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Well, today went to crap quickly. I did a range trip in the rain out at MCFG and had a failure in the new stainless 75B. Field stripped it and found that the mag release spring screw was loose again and had backed out a bit, letting the lifter spring drop enough to cause the gun to fail. I pulled it completely apart when I got home and think that the screw hole in the frame is machined badly. Looks like its headed off to CZ this week.

To make the day even more frustrating, I have to head down to Evansville tonight to help my son with a broken down car. Uggghhh. Oh well, I have to get moving ...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well, today went to crap quickly. I did a range trip in the rain out at MCFG and had a failure in the new stainless 75B. Field stripped it and found that the mag release spring screw was loose again and had backed out a bit, letting the lifter spring drop enough to cause the gun to fail. I pulled it completely apart when I got home and think that the screw hole in the frame is machined badly. Looks like its headed off to CZ this week.

To make the day even more frustrating, I have to head down to Evansville tonight to help my son with a broken down car. Uggghhh. Oh well, I have to get moving ...

:( on both accounts.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008

Sorry to hear about both issues you have to deal with today.
    It's not often you hear about defects in CZ handguns. I know every manufacturer has the occasional bad gun slip through. But big companies like Ruger for one example have been having more than their fair share. Let us know how CZ customer service is.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sorry to hear about both issues you have to deal with today.
    It's not often you hear about defects in CZ handguns. I know every manufacturer has the occasional bad gun slip through. But big companies like Ruger for one example have been having more than their fair share. Let us know how CZ customer service is.

S&W has been letting some turds out lately as well.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    It's amazing we haven't seen more issues. Demand is so high right now, they probably haven't had time to shut down machines to replace out of spec tooling. The questions are how efficient is their customer service at resolving issues, and do they quickly troubleshoot and remedy the failing process.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It's amazing we haven't seen more issues. Demand is so high right now, they probably haven't had time to shut down machines to replace out of spec tooling. The questions are how efficient is their customer service at resolving issues, and do they quickly troubleshoot and remedy the failing process.

Springfield had this issue right after Sandy Hook when you could not find any hand gun in stock. The shelves were empty. I bought 2 turds in that time frame and both were lack of QC at the factory. I fixed them both myself. I do not mail guns back to the factory.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I found that I shot the stock well. But it was a lot more comfortable with kit in it and I shot more accurately. Hence putting the kit in the second shield as well. The stock shield is one of those rare birds that is just fine stock, but amazing with some tweaking.

Yeah, I know the trigger will be amazing if I upgrade, I'm just being cheap...:):

Sorry to hear that Tim :(

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Sorry to hear that 88..

I have "meh" feelings on CZ customer service. When I broke my p09 the first time, :ugh:, I was a noob and didn't know what had happened. Since it was brand new with only 100 rounds through it, I took it back to the shop and they sent it in. I don't remember how long it was, couple weeks maybe. Long enough I forgot I sent it in and the shop lost my number so I got a hand written letter that it was back in.

Took it to the range for a test fire and "click"...... That's when I stumbled in here and discovered what I had done. My dry firing broke the gun, CZ replaced the trigger return spring and I guess I assumed they tested it afterwards... That's when the wizard suggested I disassemble the slide, which I did only to discover the firing pin retaining pin had grenaded itself.

Then later on, after not learning my lesson (see a pattern here?), I broke the return spring CZ had replaced. Sent them an email about a replacement, gave the guy my address and he said he would send one out right away. I never saw it... While I waited for that, I went ahead and ordered a couple (well you know, just preparing) from CGW. Then after our first meet up, I had to give it the full treatment. :koolaid:

Then I decided it just wasn't a trustworthy piece and left a bad taste in my mouth, that's when I dumped it on some old man. He never saw it coming..:p

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sorry to hear that 88..

I have "meh" feelings on CZ customer service. When I broke my p09 the first time, :ugh:, I was a noob and didn't know what had happened. Since it was brand new with only 100 rounds through it, I took it back to the shop and they sent it in. I don't remember how long it was, couple weeks maybe. Long enough I forgot I sent it in and the shop lost my number so I got a hand written letter that it was back in.

Took it to the range for a test fire and "click"...... That's when I stumbled in here and discovered what I had done. My dry firing broke the gun, CZ replaced the trigger return spring and I guess I assumed they tested it afterwards... That's when the wizard suggested I disassemble the slide, which I did only to discover the firing pin retaining pin had grenaded itself.

Then later on, after not learning my lesson (see a pattern here?), I broke the return spring CZ had replaced. Sent them an email about a replacement, gave the guy my address and he said he would send one out right away. I never saw it... While I waited for that, I went ahead and ordered a couple (well you know, just preparing) from CGW. Then after our first meet up, I had to give it the full treatment. :koolaid:

Then I decided it just wasn't a trustworthy piece and left a bad taste in my mouth, that's when I dumped it on some old man. He never saw it coming..:p

And it was a seriously sweet shooter.....still is.

I do not send my guns anywhere for any reason.
    I have little if any faith/trust in people these days. If I can not fix it I have friends who can.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom