RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I am sitting on 3 guns in .22
    The GSG that is a trainer.
    The savage bolt rifle that will be used to train my G-daughters when the step past the Crickets.
    The Anshuts ABR that is just an amazing shooter.
    All 3 of these are set up to be suppressor hosts when the stamps start rolling in.
    I'm sitting on 3 currently as well, all rifles.
    10/22 that is set up as my LTR, can't ever get rid of it as it was my first firearm.
    Henry which is currently on the block, serves only as fun plinker.
    American bolt which is my scoped critter rifle and precision trainer.

I'd like to keep all 3 and just add a pistol. We'll see how that goes, everytime I post one up for sale I start to have second thoughts... Just seeing it up there all nekked like that, brings a tear to my eye. :(

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Looking forward to meeting my buddy at the range. He's the one who recently got into guns. He bought a Shield a month ago and didn't like the trigger. I told him to get an Apex FSS kit and have it installed, plus Truglo TFX sights, which he did. He loves the gun now. I'm looking forward to shooting it, as I've only shot a Shield with an Apex trigger kit installed once and I can't recall if it was the FSS or DCAEK. Need to see if I should start saving my pennies up for the same upgrade (have already upgraded my sights to Trijicon HD). He also just bought a Walther PPQ yesterday and I'm looking forward to running some rounds through it. I miss my PPQ and even though I don't need one, have been thinking about getting another one... :ugh:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Looking forward to meeting my buddy at the range. He's the one who recently got into guns. He bought a Shield a month ago and didn't like the trigger. I told him to get an Apex FSS kit and have it installed, plus Truglo TFX sights, which he did. He loves the gun now. I'm looking forward to shooting it, as I've only shot a Shield with an Apex trigger kit installed once and I can't recall if it was the FSS or DCAEK. Need to see if I should start saving my pennies up for the same upgrade (have already upgraded my sights to Trijicon HD). He also just bought a Walther PPQ yesterday and I'm looking forward to running some rounds through it. I miss my PPQ and even though I don't need one, have been thinking about getting another one... :ugh:

:)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm sitting on 3 currently as well, all rifles.
    10/22 that is set up as my LTR, can't ever get rid of it as it was my first firearm.
    Henry which is currently on the block, serves only as fun plinker.
    American bolt which is my scoped critter rifle and precision trainer.

I'd like to keep all 3 and just add a pistol. We'll see how that goes, everytime I post one up for sale I start to have second thoughts... Just seeing it up there all nekked like that, brings a tear to my eye. :(

I saw the Henry....

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    My PPQ was the girlfriends favorite gun to shoot and about a year ago I traded it!:lmfao:So since have had to replace it, what an awesome shooter!psyko

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Anyone with extra cash burning a hole in their pockets feel free to donate to the "pay off Kawtech87's truck" fund. You can make contributions by PMing me and I'll send you all the details on how to make donations.

Donations are not tax deductible nor refundable, And may or may not be used to purchase firearms and or ammo.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Anyone with extra cash burning a hole in their pockets feel free to donate to the "pay off Kawtech87's truck" fund. You can make contributions by PMing me and I'll send you all the details on how to make donations.

Donations are not tax deductible nor refundable, And may or may not be used to purchase firearms and or ammo.

Ha........:)

I have to pay this off.....:)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Good afternoon folks!
    How about Young's? I normally go young's 3-4 time every month on weekends.
    I wish I could help, but rarely get north of Indy.

It is a fixed night site.
    I am still mulling this over.
    It may be my "Punkin on a post" aim and shoot
    I admire the optimism of worrying about sights. As if we could see them anyway. Point shooting is where it's at for me lately. If I have to take a careful shot over 10 yards, I'll use the sights, but in SD range, it's going to be point shooting.

So, I took the stainless 75B apart last night for some polishing work and while in there, installed free float trigger pin and a lighter hammer spring. The hammer spring is the black one rated at 11.5#. I'm running it with the stock FPS for now and we'll see if it has any ignition issues at the range. Stock, the trigger measured 9.5# DA with a 4.75# SA pull. With polishing and the lighter spring, I'm seeing 6.5# DA and 3.5# SA. Eventually, I'll start ordering some Cajun goodness for it, but that might wait until other projects are completed. These parts came out of the spares bin, so the cost is nil so far.

One thing I did notice was that the mag release, lifter spring screw was loose. I tried to turn it, but there's no bite so I just restaked it and will keep an eye on it for the next range trip. If it loosens again, she'll have to make a trip back to CZ for some work on that area.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom