88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    It does.
    I have had this conversation with the kids.
    I have made sure they are all well armed and assisted them with upgrades.
    My time for giving is done. Sharing at the range and feeding their guns is still open policy but no more "Can I take that with me".....Done with that.
    As my collection is in constant flux what is left to them is still up in the air. I may liquidate when I get to :fogey: to enjoy them.

I'll probably do the same if I need to ever stop shooting. I figure that if I pass down a few of my favorites over the years, they'll be much more appreciated than if I just dump the good with the bad on them.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'll probably do the same if I need to ever stop shooting. I figure that if I pass down a few of my favorites over the years, they'll be much more appreciated than if I just dump the good with the bad on them.

I will most likely need the revenue later in life. I will keep a few for grins and giggles I am sure.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I came very close to putting a P07 on layaway yesterday afternoon. It was a monumental feat of self control to walk away. I don't have enough money to be doing stupid **** like that.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I came very close to putting a P07 on layaway yesterday afternoon. It was a monumental feat of self control to walk away. I don't have enough money to be doing stupid **** like that.

I am sure all this will pass once I get caught up and have all the house upgrades behind me.
    Bleeding money right now.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I do have a very special 1911 tucked away. Not sure what I will do with that one. It will never be sold at any price for any reason.

My Delta Elite is that gun for me right now. Too much time and effort into it to ever consider selling it. My hope is that one day, my great grandkids will shoot it.

The stainless 75B was exactly that type of purchase for me. But, I knew I'd never find another at that price and would forever kick myself for walking away from the one pistol I've lusted after for the longest time. Had it been priced at what I normally see them offered for, it would still be at their shop and not in my safe.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Good for you!!! I'd give you a hug, but I'd look pretty stupid trying to hug my phone......

I'm sure there are folks out there that have done worse to their phones. There's a reason that sealed cases exist, and I'm guessing it's not because people like talking in the rain.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom