Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    It's been an hour, were you spurned? Or did you get to become one of the MCFG's?

I got in 5 minutes later. Went to get stuff out of the car and realized I'd forgotten the membership packet :ugh:

Went through the safety briefing, ran home and got the paperwork and got back just in time for the meeting to adjourn and hand in the packet. Whew! Now I'm officially a member :D

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Welcome aboard Tom! MCFG is a fun place to shoot most of the time. There are those occasions when there's a cement truck blocking the road that gets frustrating, but fortunately, it's rare when that happens.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I got in 5 minutes later. Went to get stuff out of the car and realized I'd forgotten the membership packet :ugh:

Went through the safety briefing, ran home and got the paperwork and got back just in time for the meeting to adjourn and hand in the packet. Whew! Now I'm officially a member :D

:woot:

My project took me into the evening so not able to attend.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning all...:coffee:

Welcome aboard Tom! MCFG is a fun place to shoot most of the time. There are those occasions when there's a cement truck blocking the road that gets frustrating, but fortunately, it's rare when that happens.

Thanks Tim! Good seeing you last night. Hopefully we can shoot together out there soon :ar15:

:woot:

My project took me into the evening so not able to attend.

Understandable. Sometimes you get caught up and the day just flies by. I'm sure I'll see you out there sometime :)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Range Day :ar15:

I'm jelly! I was at MCF&G last night and as part of the safety briefing, was given a tour. When they took us over to the shooting bays and I saw the steel at the end, I was wanting so bad to go back over and shoot. Can't wait to get back out there this weekend if we get nice weather psyko

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The Wizard and I were talking about this yesterday. We are looking forward to the warmer weather and getting down there for some steel shooting.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Have fun on the range trip guys. Hopefully, we can get out to MCFG sometime soon Tom. It was interesting going through the safety meeting last night. Some of the rules the gentleman giving the briefing talked about have either changed or are in contradiction with the published rules. Specifically, he said that all the rules of the main line apply to the bays as well. About a year ago, I had one of the volunteer ROs ask me to change how I was shooting in the bays because it was not in line with the main line rules and when I followed up with the range safety director, I was informed that there are different rules for the bays than the line. It was regarding loading guns at the table and then walking forward to shoot when in the bay alone. The safety director stated that it was perfectly fine to do that since the firing line was what you made it to be. The older folks out at the range tend to push for a more static manner of shooting than the rules tend to state I think.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Have fun on the range trip guys. Hopefully, we can get out to MCFG sometime soon Tom. It was interesting going through the safety meeting last night. Some of the rules the gentleman giving the briefing talked about have either changed or are in contradiction with the published rules. Specifically, he said that all the rules of the main line apply to the bays as well. About a year ago, I had one of the volunteer ROs ask me to change how I was shooting in the bays because it was not in line with the main line rules and when I followed up with the range safety director, I was informed that there are different rules for the bays than the line. It was regarding loading guns at the table and then walking forward to shoot when in the bay alone. The safety director stated that it was perfectly fine to do that since the firing line was what you made it to be. The older folks out at the range tend to push for a more static manner of shooting than the rules tend to state I think.

Good to know. I'll definitely be looking at the officially posted rules to ensure I don't have any reason to get reported :)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

This is and has been a point of contention with me.
    Put the rules up as they are written and follow them. No more "Rule" of the day.

I love the facility. So great to have a range close to home. The safety issue's they have are obvious with humanity encroaching.

Write a set of rules. Adhere to them and lets enjoy the place.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom