Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Doable. I still think back fondly to better times.....:)

I guess I'm lucky that I've only been into firearms for a couple of years, so I don't have any fond times to look back on... :):

Those are amazingly great shooting guns, and great price point!

What did you think of the trigger? Every review I've read have said the trigger was pretty bad...

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Morning folks. Put a pretty cool little ride together. Have been wanting to put an engine kit on a bicycle for years, finally decided it was time. One of these little 66cc Chinese jobs is pretty cheap and they've been known to be reliable. I wanted to build something to cruise around the country roads where I'm at and visit some friends that are close without having to drive a car. It will never see city streets where major traffic is concerned. Built on a 1939 Hawthorne frame, compiled of parts from 6 different bikes. It's not done, but it's rideable. A custom fabbed tank and transmission are in the plans so I can make use of the 3 speed hub. Now I try not to kill myself.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Morning folks. Put a pretty cool little ride together. Have been wanting to put an engine kit on a bicycle for years, finally decided it was time. One of these little 66cc Chinese jobs is pretty cheap and they've been known to be reliable. I wanted to build something to cruise around the country roads where I'm at and visit some friends that are close without having to drive a car. It will never see city streets where major traffic is concerned. Built on a 1939 Hawthorne frame, compiled of parts from 6 different bikes. It's not done, but it's rideable. A custom fabbed tank and transmission are in the plans so I can make use of the 3 speed hub. Now I try not to kill myself.

That is Uber Cool my wise cracking friend.........So period.

Well Done.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON

Cool piece.
    What kind of brakes does it have? Don't see any in picture.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    At $300, if it breaks, you just buy another one.

That was my experience. I bought one online. The trigger was horrible, I mean really bad. Reviews online rave about how good the trigger is. So maybe I got a lemon? :dunno:

Anyway I ended up selling it. I told the guy I sold it to, exactly why I was selling it and he said he could live with it. That really left a bad taste about buying a gun online without seeing it first.

I really hesitate to buy guns online now.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

:rockwoot:

Cool project Rusty!

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Cool piece.
    What kind of brakes does it have? Don't see any in picture.
    Brakes!? Who needs brakes!? That's the sketchiest part of the ride right now. Only rear coaster brake for the time being, adding a front rim brake very soon... Already had the right side chain pop off eliminating the coaster brake, good thing I was slowing down and trying to stop....

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Ok, I'm starting to have a crisis of confidence in my ability to ALWAYS flick the safety off on my 1911s in every situation. I think I need to do some force on force training until I can say that I'm confident with doing that, but until then, when away from the house I'll be carrying either one of the dreaded 'G' guns or my 40P. While going through the nightstand gun safe, I laid the 40P next to the G21 and realized that they are the same size. I had never thought of the 40P as being big and I have always thought of the G21 as too big for regular carry. I'm amazed that the 40P is that large. It's thinner, but it's within an eighth of an inch in all other dimensions.

Not that it makes much of a difference though. It's the first three shots that count, so I need to figure out what I shoot best outside of the 1911 platform. At the moment, the G23 is feeling awfully good though. I really think I need to go CZ shopping for a P09 soon though.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Ok, I'm starting to have a crisis of confidence in my ability to ALWAYS flick the safety off on my 1911s in every situation. I think I need to do some force on force training until I can say that I'm confident with doing that, but until then, when away from the house I'll be carrying either one of the dreaded 'G' guns or my 40P. While going through the nightstand gun safe, I laid the 40P next to the G21 and realized that they are the same size. I had never thought of the 40P as being big and I have always thought of the G21 as too big for regular carry. I'm amazed that the 40P is that large. It's thinner, but it's within an eighth of an inch in all other dimensions.

Not that it makes much of a difference though. It's the first three shots that count, so I need to figure out what I shoot best outside of the 1911 platform. At the moment, the G23 is feeling awfully good though. I really think I need to go CZ shopping for a P09 soon though.
    Love my CZs but the 23 or the 19 in Glock for carry are just hard to beat in my opinion!psyko CZ

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom