Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    This looks like a good deal. I like the Walther-style grip. Canik 55 TP9 complete kit Crome slide model NICE : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com Just don't need anything right now.

Don't Canik's have a heavy trigger pull? I thought a watched a MAC video where he said it was a great gun for the money, but had a very heavy trigger (similar to the S&W SDxVE line). I dunno, I've seen them in the store, but never had the urge to fondle one... :dunno:

Oh well, I have some nice guns. I can't really complain. All of my absolute "needs" are pretty well filled. Well, until I need to justify the next one. ;)

Yep, that's where I'm at. Well, that plus I'm broke... :):

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I posted that about the Canik without going out and looking at it. Just looked at it and ironically, it looks very similar to the two tone SD9VE my neighbor has. His trigger pull weight is 8 or 9lbs and it's very difficult to be accurate with it until you get used to it. Once you do it's not a bad gun overall. Apex makes a trigger spring kit for it I'd love to try out. As cheap as the gun can be found, if the Apex kit dropped the trigger weight to even 6lbs it would be great.

Anyway, dug up a review on that exact model Canik:

Gun Review: CAI Canik TP-9 - The Truth About Guns

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Thanks WTB. Interesting. The trigger pull doesn't scare me because I cut my teeth on DA revolvers. But 1) I don't need it, and 2) I don't have the money. So there ya go.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I learned my lesson on clones when I tried to sell one. I will be sticking with the real thing.

In that price range, the Canik isn't a bad deal. Would make a good truck gun / beater for someone who wanted a low cost tupperware gun. Personally, if I needed an inexpensive tupperware gun, I'd get a stock CZ P-09 in .40 since they seem to be everywhere for $350 or so. Great gun, decent trigger, tames the .40 round nicely. I would have kept the one I had, but someone wanted it more than I did... :):

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    In that price range, the Canik isn't a bad deal. Would make a good truck gun / beater for someone who wanted a low cost tupperware gun. Personally, if I needed an inexpensive tupperware gun, I'd get a stock CZ P-09 in .40 since they seem to be everywhere for $350 or so. Great gun, decent trigger, tames the .40 round nicely. I would have kept the one I had, but someone wanted it more than I did... :):
    I am very glad to have it. Except for the part about buying extra mags for it. Whew!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was sitting last night griping to myself about .223 prices, but at least it's not as bad as 10mm! :yesway:

You best get used to the current pricing on ammo. It will not be going down.
    I have managed to put in enough 9mm/45 ACP/.223/12G./.22/and a bit of 10mm for the summer.

Now, with the acquisition of 2 .308's the race is on again.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    You best get used to the current pricing on ammo. It will not be going down.
    I have managed to put in enough 9mm/45 ACP/.223/12G./.22/and a bit of 10mm for the summer.

Now, with the acquisition of 2 .308's the race is on again.

Luckily I have less calibers to worry about :)

I have a reasonable amount of 9mm and .45, but very little good .223 (down to around 180 rounds of the PMC bronze, which leaves me with around 500 rounds of Wolf crap that I bought when I was new to AR's). Need to pick up a case of decent .223 and I should be good for a while. I don't shoot rifle nearly as much as pistol, so a case should last me the summer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom