Not open for further replies.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Agreed. If the guy gets back to me, I just might have to buy it though. Awfully tempting. As much as I like the standard 75B I have, the nickel one is a real beauty and it's a great price.

I almost purchased it but remembered the IRS is due a large chunk from me soon....:soapbox:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Well, I heard back from the guy, but the pics show a mass of white stuff on the bottom of the frame near the barrel, plus a lot of scratches on the gun. Since I'd like to buy a nickel / stainless version of the 75B or Compact as much for looks as shooting, I think I'll pass on this one.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I wonder what that could be on the dust cover. It wouldn't be corrosion, but it could be something reacting with the nickel though. Too bad it did not turn out, as it looks really nice from the original photos.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I wonder what that could be on the dust cover. It wouldn't be corrosion, but it could be something reacting with the nickel though. Too bad it did not turn out, as it looks really nice from the original photos.

That's what I'd thought, aside from that white stuff. With better pics (not much better) I could see the scratches and such...

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    That 85B that BA linked earlier was intriguing at first, as I've never seen one in satin nickel/matte stainless before. But... well, a blued gun weathers and wears in a way that's much more cool looking to me than the way a satin nickel/matte stainless gun does. BA's "beater" pre-B had a really cool, used patina look to it, like it could have told great stories around a campfire. That 85B... not so much, it would have to go directly to AllenM for a refresh.

But yeah, an old weathered blued gun... keep it clean, lightly lubed, well tuned with good sights & springs, appreciate its character, and shoot the snot out of it.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    That 85B that BA linked earlier was intriguing at first, as I've never seen one in satin nickel/matte stainless before. But... well, a blued gun weathers and wears in a way that's much more cool looking to me than the way a satin nickel/matte stainless gun does. BA's "beater" pre-B had a really cool, used patina look to it, like it could have told great stories around a campfire. That 85B... not so much, it would have to go directly to AllenM for a refresh.

But yeah, an old weathered blued gun... keep it clean, lightly lubed, well tuned with good sights & springs, appreciate its character, and shoot the snot out of it.
    I agree. I posted the 85 assuming that if someone bought it they would have it cerakoted. But, even so, at $300 that is a pretty good deal. The Wizard said he would just clear coat it so it didn't deteriorate any more and run it like it is. ;)

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The intriguing one to me is the blue/green two-tone pre-B. It is running in the high $200s and doesn't need refinished (despite not being all that attractive).

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    The intriguing one to me is the blue/green two-tone pre-B. It is running in the high $200s and doesn't need refinished (despite not being all that attractive).

Yes, that one is pretty sharp, I think. Hard to tell for sure from the pics, but I didn't think it looked bad at all, and think it's more of an OD frame finish. And for the price... I completely agree. Tune it to your tastes, and rock it without shame.

This bitone pre-B on Armslist is really cool, but the price easily puts you into a brand-new matte stainless 75B:

http://www.armslist.com/posts/5258210/bloomington-handguns-for-sale--used-cz75-pre-b-9mm

Last edited:

zsm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Indiana
    Here is my CZ 75 Type A with the original two tone finish.

UosrH00.jpg

The factory finish had the blued controls as well as the hammer.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Yes, that one is pretty sharp, I think. Hard to tell for sure from the pics, but I didn't think it looked bad at all, and think it's more of an OD frame finish. And for the price... I completely agree. Tune it to your tastes, and rock it without shame.

This bitone pre-B on Armslist is really cool, but the price easily puts you into a brand-new matte stainless 75B:

ARMSLIST - For Sale: USED CZ75 PRE B 9MM
    I like the gun, he's out of his mind on the price. ;)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    When I look at the photos of the 85B that BA linked, it looks more to me like a silver paint over the original finish than worn chrome. I've never seen chrome wear into black areas like that. I'm thinking that the gun just needs a black cerakote finish and fresh grips to restore it to what it used to look like. I'm kind of thinking about doing that to me FDE pre-B. The gun has been in FDE for about 3 years now and I think the color is beginning to wear on me a bit. It's not wearing on the gun though, and is in excellent condition but a part of me wants to restore the factory finish and bring back the old girl's glory days from the late '80s.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom