• Status
    Not open for further replies.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Who was your salesman at Bradis? Just asking because my son works there.
    Well I talked to an Andy on the phone and then a lady actually helped me when I got there. There were another 3 guys there when I showed up.
    If you plan to do a lot of dry fire, there are a couple things you will want to take care of. First thing is replacing the trigger return spring. The second is the firing pin retaining pin. There are other things that could be done while replacing those, but those are a bare minimum. Also an o-ring under the hammer helps too. If you already knew this, forgive me. I happen to know this program very well....... :facepalm:
    I didn't know this. Can you elaborate? Only springs I've really heard of replacing were the recoil spring and the main/hammer spring, which seem like they may be a nice starting point down the road of cajunization.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    If you plan to do a lot of dry fire, there are a couple things you will want to take care of. First thing is replacing the trigger return spring. The second is the firing pin retaining pin. There are other things that could be done while replacing those, but those are a bare minimum. Also an o-ring under the hammer helps too. If you already knew this, forgive me. I happen to know this program very well....... :facepalm:

IMHO, stock CZ firing pins are about the only weak link in their setup. I would suggest getting the extended firing pin, and this particular kit from CGW includes it, along with a few other goodies that make for a nice upgrade at a modest price:

https://cajungunworks.com/product/54420-ultra-lite/

I must admit that an 85B, or 85 Combat, is suddenly on my short list of CZ lust. If I were to snag one, the firing pin/ultra-lite upgrade kit is something I'd keep in mind as part of the cost.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Sitting here thinking about the shooting that happened yesterday (https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-intruder-during-attempted-home-invasion.html). Kind of hard to imagine it happening around here, but I guess this is why I carry in the house, or at least have a gun nearby. I told the wife yesterday that when she's working in another room, or especially when I'm not home, she needs to start carrying.

There are still a couple areas in the house where, if I were there, a gun is a little too far away. Darnit, I guess I will have to sacrifice and buy a few more guns.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I didn't know this. Can you elaborate? Only springs I've really heard of replacing were the recoil spring and the main/hammer spring, which seem like they may be a nice starting point down the road of cajunization.
    The stock trigger return spring is weak, I've broken 2 during dry fire. The firing pin retaining pin will at some point break down a fall apart after the firing pin slams against it during dry fire, this is where the o ring under the hammer in the slot where the hammer falls on the slide helps. The kit that Hopper linked is a good upgrade to help prevent this, throw in a a return spring and the CGW floating trigger pin and you should be trouble free and have a better trigger to boot.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The stock trigger return spring is weak, I've broken 2 during dry fire. The firing pin retaining pin will at some point break down a fall apart after the firing pin slams against it during dry fire, this is where the o ring under the hammer in the slot where the hammer falls on the slide helps. The kit that Hopper linked is a good upgrade to help prevent this, throw in a a return spring and the CGW floating trigger pin and you should be trouble free and have a better trigger to boot.

If you get and use a snap cap and rotate them out after so many hammer drops this will not happen any more....:dunno:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom