88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I finally made it out to MCFG without a cement truck blocking the road this morning. Today, I shot the Delta Elite, Glock 23 and 21. As great as it was to shoot today, I was really struggling with the eye sight. The only two ways I could ring steel at 10 yards was by point shooting and by closing one eye. I was doing well with the G21 in point shooting on the draw, but was having trouble stringing hits together by point shooting alone. The Delta Elite ran well except for factory mag issues. That will be rectified shortly. The G23 ran well, but I did not do as well point shooting that one as I did with the G21, although, I only put about 20 rounds through it. I need to do a lot more laser practice with point shooting since it looks like that's what I have to work with until the eye improves.

This was the first time shooting with the TFX sights on the Delta Elite and I'm impressed. Even in the dim, cloudy early morning light, they stood out like beacons when I could actually find them. The vision thing is really frustrating since my eyes focus on the sights with the good left eye and the target with the dominant right eye that's messed up, resulting in hits about 2 feet to the right of the target at 10 yards. I think I'll order a set for the project 1911 since they seem to work well.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I finally made it out to MCFG without a cement truck blocking the road this morning. Today, I shot the Delta Elite, Glock 23 and 21. As great as it was to shoot today, I was really struggling with the eye sight. The only two ways I could ring steel at 10 yards was by point shooting and by closing one eye. I was doing well with the G21 in point shooting on the draw, but was having trouble stringing hits together by point shooting alone. The Delta Elite ran well except for factory mag issues. That will be rectified shortly. The G23 ran well, but I did not do as well point shooting that one as I did with the G21, although, I only put about 20 rounds through it. I need to do a lot more laser practice with point shooting since it looks like that's what I have to work with until the eye improves.

This was the first time shooting with the TFX sights on the Delta Elite and I'm impressed. Even in the dim, cloudy early morning light, they stood out like beacons when I could actually find them. The vision thing is really frustrating since my eyes focus on the sights with the good left eye and the target with the dominant right eye that's messed up, resulting in hits about 2 feet to the right of the target at 10 yards. I think I'll order a set for the project 1911 since they seem to work well.

I have never been successful keeping both eyes open.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom