Not open for further replies.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    My son who works at Bradis was up this past weekend. Him and his wife were shooting some of his own guns on my range so I went and loaded up some mags for the RAMI I got from CM. Let him shoot it....he was just amazed...he commented that he has never felt a trigger that was that good. I love that gun.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008

As usual I am late to the show. But want to comment on this. Goes right back to the question I asked a day or two ago about prices.

CZ's prices really can be all over the place. When I bought my first CZ 2075 RAMI in 9mm at a LGS it was $625. At the time they were as hard to find as hen's teeth, hence the large price tag. Now you can find RAMI's all over the place brand new in .40 for $500 and often less. However the 9mm version which remains in demand and harder to find is around $550 to $575 new, when you find them and that is with only two mags.

So CZ's more so than with the more popular guns like Glock, prices are really variable. I see $525 for RAMI in 9mm right now with 3 mags as not a great price but not out of line either, a tad bit high. But if you are looking for a RAMI in 9mm...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    As usual I am late to the show. But want to comment on this. Goes right back to the question I asked a day or two ago about prices.

CZ's prices really can be all over the place. When I bought my first CZ 2075 RAMI in 9mm at a LGS it was $625. At the time they were as hard to find as hen's teeth, hence the large price tag. Now you can find RAMI's all over the place brand new in .40 for $500 and often less. However the 9mm version which remains in demand and harder to find is around $550 to $575 new, when you find them and that is with only two mags.

So CZ's more so than with the more popular guns like Glock, prices are really variable. I see $525 for RAMI in 9mm right now with 3 mags as not a great price but not out of line either, a tad bit high. But if you are looking for a RAMI in 9mm...

:lmfao:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

I was with you right up to the last part. Those are the very reasons I think that is a decent price and would probably buy it if I had the money. :dunno:

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I was with you right up to the last part. Those are the very reasons I think that is a decent price and would probably buy it if I had the money. :dunno:

I am just saying that if you buy a used Glock you know what a good price is. It is pretty standard as Glock prices are really stable. CZ however due to many variables CZ's have demonstrated a greater variance in prices. Therefore buying a used CZ as far as price is more open to interpretation.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I am just saying that if you buy a used Glock you know what a good price is. It is pretty standard as Glock prices are really stable. CZ however due to many variables CZ's have demonstrated a greater variance in prices. Therefore buying a used CZ as far as price is more open to interpretation.

Hence our two different but equally supportable opinions. ;)

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    I regret to inform you guys that I am now CZless. :( I put a lot of effort into messing with my Shadow and my TS and just couldn't quite get either of them to be what I wanted. The shadow fit me well and had an awesome trigger thanks to Llh, but mine was ammunition picky and I wanted a softer shooting 9mm. The TS was soft shooting, had a great sight radius, but it just didn't fit my hand well. I started thinking about ways to have them improved and even filled out the form for the CZ TS to go to CZC for grip reduction... and I realized that I might as well just move on. It was fun though!

Saturday, I decided to take a step up and try a double stack 9mm, so I traded them both on an STI Marauder. (Somehow I got a weird limited run one that has a stippled grip, slide lightening, and an extended barrel.) I've gotten to shoot it once. It's more accurate than either of my CZs, in my hands at least, it's softer shooting than either, its grip angle is better, and it fits my hand as well as my shadow did. The down side is that the trigger isn't quite as good as my shadow, but it's a nice linear 3.5lb pull. It's good enough that I may leave it as is. I don't have a pic, but here is a link to one just like it on GB. STI Marauder 2011 FDE 9mm 20rd Theaded Barrel NIB : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com

I am going to get another CZ at some point, but I am holding out for the Shadow 2 to become available.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I regret to inform you guys that I am now CZless. :( I put a lot of effort into messing with my Shadow and my TS and just couldn't quite get either of them to be what I wanted. The shadow fit me well and had an awesome trigger thanks to Llh, but mine was ammunition picky and I wanted a softer shooting 9mm. The TS was soft shooting, had a great sight radius, but it just didn't fit my hand well. I started thinking about ways to have them improved and even filled out the form for the CZ TS to go to CZC for grip reduction... and I realized that I might as well just move on. It was fun though!

Saturday, I decided to take a step up and try a double stack 9mm, so I traded them both on an STI Marauder. (Somehow I got a weird limited run one that has a stippled grip, slide lightening, and an extended barrel.) I've gotten to shoot it once. It's more accurate than either of my CZs, in my hands at least, it's softer shooting than either, its grip angle is better, and it fits my hand as well as my shadow did. The down side is that the trigger isn't quite as good as my shadow, but it's a nice linear 3.5lb pull. It's good enough that I may leave it as is. I don't have a pic, but here is a link to one just like it on GB. STI Marauder 2011 FDE 9mm 20rd Theaded Barrel NIB : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com

I am going to get another CZ at some point, but I am holding out for the Shadow 2 to become available.

Not had the ammo picky issue with any of the many CZ's I have shot and the 7 or 8 I have owned.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Have any of you heard of the CZ blemish program? I'm looking at a good deal on a Rami, but the seller says he purchased it through the CZ blemish program. He says there is no apparent blemish on this pistol. :dunno:

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    Not had the ammo picky issue with any of the many CZ's I have shot and the 7 or 8 I have owned.

I KNOW! That was one of the most frustrating factors for me. I chalk it up to the fact that my Shadow was an earlier model. The TS was not an issue in any way and had a chamber comparable to all of my other pistols. I will have another shadow at some point and hope the updated version becomes available to us this year.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

Sorry to hear that the CZs did not work out for you. Of all of them that I've had, the closest any were to being ammo picky was my CZ 97B. In fact, it was less a case of being ammo picky and more of my reading that it should have been and so I ran Hornady Critical Defense in it when I carried it because their profile is similar to ball .45.

The STI sure looks like a lot of fun though. Congrats on the new gun!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom